Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Philadelphia Weekend

eruby

• Total Posts: 587
  • Roadfood Insider
Philadelphia Weekend Mon, 09/27/10 1:21 PM (permalink)
Recently took a long weekend in Philadelphia.  Have been many times but this is the first time I'm attempting a report with pictures. 

We started out Thursday at Tony Luke's.  In all my trips to Philly, somehow I had never been.

We had the Roast Pork Italian with spinach and sharp provolone (under the pork). The other option was broccoli rabe, but was very happy with the spinach. 

I recently saw on an episode of Food Wars that they finish off par-baked rolls from Liscio’s Bakery on site.  Definitely the best roll of the trip. 

We headed for the hotel and I got bollixed up with the one–way streets. On the way, I discovered where to go if I ever want a "big dish of beef chow mien" in Philly.

We were going to Villa Di Roma for dinner (no pictures – fail) so decided to have a snack at Franklin Fountain after checking in.

A short walk down Market Street toward Penn’s Landing brought us to Franklin Fountain.  We had seen this on Man v. Food and I guess we thought it was much bigger inside than it is.  There’s a 3 stool counter past the cash register but other than that, no seating, except for the five or so tables outside.  They did have a nice collection of root beers and assorted sodas in bottles.

We had the Homemade Hot Fudge Sundae and substituted cherry Vanilla for one of the 2 scoops of Vanilla Bean.  Very good ice cream and the dark chocolate fudge was a plus, though a bit skimpy IMHO.

More to follow later (this is much harder than I thought it would be).
<message edited by eruby on Tue, 09/28/10 7:07 AM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com