The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Nashville with Poverty Pete

Sundancer7

Nashville with Poverty Pete Sat, 10/9/10 6:52 AM (permalink)
Iwanago has a meeting in Nashville in a few weeks.  I called Poverty and he will meet me at the Maxwell House for some breakfast and their famous coffee.  We will do the regular things that has been experienced by many of the Roadfood group which includes some hot chicken and a little later some hot fish sandwiches.

I have not seen Poverty for some time.  Actually the last time was when he spent a couple of days at my house.  I am looking forward to the meeting.

I understand that he and BB are traveling to Huntsville this weekend.  Perhaps some ribs at Dreamland???

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

buffetbuster

Re:Nashville with Poverty Pete Sat, 10/9/10 9:39 AM (permalink)
    Paul-
    What weekend will you be in Nashville?  Unfortunately, Poverty Pete had to cancel meeting me here in Huntsville.  Considering my bad luck in finding open restaurants so far, it would make you think Travelin Man was here.

Sundancer7

Re:Nashville with Poverty Pete Sat, 10/9/10 10:55 AM (permalink)
      buffetbuster

Paul-
      What weekend will you be in Nashville?  Unfortunately, Poverty Pete had to cancel meeting me here in Huntsville.  Considering my bad luck in finding open restaurants so far, it would make you think Travelin Man was here.

We will be in Nashville 10/25-25.  It is not a week end but Monday and Tuesday.  Poverty is taking a vacation day on Tuesday and meeting me at the Maxwell house which is just a mile or two north of Nashville.  We will do breakfast there and do some hot chicken and hot fish for lunch and snack.  ROZ and I will depart Nashville around 3:30PM Tuesday.  She has some sorta conference there regarding her company, Covenant Health Care.

It would be great if you could be there.  I am sorry it is not on a weekend.  To be in the company of BB and Poverty would be truly outstanding.
      http://www.millenniumhotels.com/millenniumnashville/index.html

Paul E. Smith
      Knoxville, TN

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9579
        Re:Nashville with Poverty Pete Sun, 10/10/10 3:44 AM (permalink)
        Don't know if you already know about Martin's BBQ Joint on Nolensville Rd or have the time to go there, but my Son-In-Law says it's a pretty good place for BBQ. http://www.martinsbbqjoint.com/

Sundancer7

Re:Nashville with Poverty Pete Sun, 10/10/10 10:28 AM (permalink)
          Foodbme

Don't know if you already know about Martin's BBQ Joint on Nolensville Rd or have the time to go there, but my Son-In-Law says it's a pretty good place for BBQ. http://www.martinsbbqjoint.com/

This is Poverty's town and I will be following his lead which will probably be breakfast at Maxwell house, hot chicken some place and hot fish another.

Thanks for the BBQ tip though.  Poverty probably is very much aware of the place.

Paul E. Smith
          Knoxville, TN

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9579
            Re:Nashville with Poverty Pete Sun, 10/10/10 5:09 PM (permalink)
            Sundancer7

Foodbme

This is Poverty's town and I will be following his lead which will probably be breakfast at Maxwell house, hot chicken some place and hot fish another.

Thanks for the BBQ tip though.  Poverty probably is very much aware of the place.

Paul E. Smith
            Knoxville, TN

I'm sure PP does know the place. He's a great "Nashville Eats" reference. I'd be interested in his opinion of the place.

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
              Re:Nashville with Poverty Pete Tue, 10/12/10 9:38 AM (permalink)
              Paul---wish i could be there with you!!! Pete is THE MAN for a good meal and a great beer!----and a fun guy too! Have a great time!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com