The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Mallo Cup Make-over

Treetop Tom

• Total Posts: 322
Mallo Cup Make-over Sat, 10/9/10 9:58 AM (permalink)
Not to fear, the original Mallo Cup will not be changing but it will be gaining a brand extension - the first in Mallo history - Dark Chocolate Mallo Cups will be hitting the shelves November 1, 2010.  I love Mallo Cups and I love dark chocolate but it remains to be seen if they are a taste I love together.  More often than not, I've been disappointed in the candy brand extensions and limited time offers (take the Milky Way Simply Caramel or the Sugar Babies Caramel Apple offerings, for example).  And yes, they apparently will have the classic "play money" inside the package.

fishtaco

• Total Posts: 742
    Re:Mallo Cup Make-over Sat, 10/9/10 11:31 AM (permalink)
    Treetop Tom

Not to fear, the original Mallo Cup will not be changing but it will be gaining a brand extension - the first in Mallo history - Dark Chocolate Mallo Cups will be hitting the shelves November 1, 2010.  I love Mallo Cups and I love dark chocolate but it remains to be seen if they are a taste I love together.  More often than not, I've been disappointed in the candy brand extensions and limited time offers (take the Milky Way Simply Caramel or the Sugar Babies Caramel Apple offerings, for example).  And yes, they apparently will have the classic "play money" inside the package.

mmmmm Mallo Cups.  I agree about the extentions. Dark Snickers and Milky Ways do not cut it. And I love dark chocolate.

bartl

• Total Posts: 1209
      Re:Mallo Cup Make-over Mon, 10/11/10 9:23 AM (permalink)
      fishtaco
      mmmmm Mallo Cups.  I agree about the extentions. Dark Snickers and Milky Ways do not cut it. And I love dark chocolate.

Here's the thing. What a number of companies have discovered is that extending a brand name to other products is good for sales. For example, the dark chocolate "Milky Way" was previously a flop under the name, "Forever Yours". The Snickers Almond is formerly known as the "Mars Almond Bar".

Bart

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com