The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art

agnesrob

• Total Posts: 1790
Trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art Sun, 10/10/10 1:53 PM (permalink)
OK, first of all,  thanks to those who gave suggestions as to where to eat. This is my first trip report and the first time I ever drove into NYC myself. I've been many times to the city, especially as a kid but I never drove myself!  I guess I must seem wimpy to some but I have conquered my fear and here is my short report.
My daughter Emily needed to go to an art museum for an art class. I felt that the Met was pretty easy for us to get to.  We really lucked out and had wonderful weather. We stopped in nearby Paramus for breakfast at the Tom Sawyer Diner. I really like this place because they make their own corned beef hash.

My breakfast of corned beef hash and a poached egg.

My daughter's breakfast of pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon. Emily's not a big eater but can easily polish off a breakfast this big. Breakfast is her favorite meal!

Getting on the upper level of the GWB(lower was closed).

The sky was so blue!

The Museum (not as good as MiamiDon's Picture. We actuall got a parking space a short block from the museum.

Emily and the picture she chose to do a report on. We actually came upon it rather quickly.

One of my favorite exhibits.

My other favorite exhibit was the one about ancient Egypt. No Pictures, sorry.
 We really enjoyed exploring many of the different rooms and styles of art exhibits. We opted to just walk around ourselves but they offer guided and self guided tours also.
When it came time for lunch we weren't too hungry after our large breakfast so we opted for the nearest Hot Dog Cart.

Emily's pretzel. Sorry for the bite, she's quick!

We wnt into the Ancient Playground right next to the museum too.

And then back over the bridge and home to New Jersey!

I really enjoyed doing this very short trip report and look forward to doing more! Thank heavens my kids, and in this case Emily, take all the taking of the food pictures in stride!

<message edited by agnesrob on Sun, 10/10/10 1:57 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com