The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Potato Heaven...

spweimerskirch

• Total Posts: 29
Potato Heaven... Sat, 01/24/04 6:38 PM (permalink)
Friends,
A quick side dish that is great with anything this time of year. Happy cookin' and give this one a try if you are not already familiar.

(Yukon golds only please:)

Thinly sliced potatos on a mandolin prefered. Layer first on the bottom of non-stick baking pan ( I like glass), of coure a little butter all over the place first, after the butter and first layer get ready for the cheese. White Cheddar, asiago, mozz, and pepper jack are my boys. Layer cheese as to prference, repeat potato and cheses much like a lasagna upto four or five layers. The last layer I like to add a little dice of hot pepers like cerano, jalapeno, or chiptole. Finish with potato and smaller amount of cheese and bake 30 mins. at 375. If not done all the way threw, turn down heat and bake until golden brown on top. Tricky part. If you want to go ahead and eat potatos a little messy cool 10 mins. and have at it. Bst result is cooling 45mins. to one hour and sectioning. Even better let cool all the way and frig. Pull and section about three to four hours later and wrap individual pieces in wax paper and reheat until cheese is fully cooked.

Sorry about the bad directions, but it is in my head not a book. E-mail me and I will be way more concise.

Cheers,
Shannon

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com