The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

What was the greatest TV Show of all time?

Change Page: < 1234567 | Showing page 7 of 7, messages 181 to 186 of 186
CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
  • Roadfood Insider
Re:What was the greatest TV Show of all time? Sat, 08/20/11 10:55 PM (permalink)
I dont have HBO anymore

I miss:

The Wire
Rome
Deadwood
6 Feet Under
Sopranos

Clara - I agree I loved that flat in London, small enough to be happy and comfortable.  I love the episode where Jean plans her wedding and Lionel figures they can get XXX amount of people in the living room and when they look at the plan there isnt a single clear foot of space in the room.

I always felt sorry for Lionel

hatteras04

• Total Posts: 1070
    Re:What was the greatest TV Show of all time? Sat, 08/20/11 11:07 PM (permalink)
    I just finished watching the first season of Game of Thrones on HBO.  For those that haven't seen it or read it I will not spoil the shocking event in the next to last episode but I will say that this has to be one of the best shows I have seen in a long time.  I probably should have read the book first but I am going to make sure to read all five before season 2 starts.

CNW

• Total Posts: 182
      Re:What was the greatest TV Show of all time? Sun, 08/21/11 2:19 AM (permalink)
      I can't believe that no one has mentioned Star Trek. Featured the first interracial kiss that had racist southern TV execs refusing to broadcast it. Holds the record for being shown in the most countries prior to satelite TV. Spun off 4 TV series and many movies.

NascarDad

Re:What was the greatest TV Show of all time? Sun, 08/21/11 10:14 AM (permalink)
        Best is so hard to say, it depends on the criteria and is almost always going to be subjective..

I  really really loved  The Unit  at first I thought it was too soap opera but they didn't focus on that part, it was really just to show the home front , that all these soldiers have families too. Each episode could stand on it's own but the season long story arc continued as well.  I much prefered that to 24

I also enjoyed the "Timverse" animated Justice League series and the related shows. A guilty pleasure that harkens back to the joy I remember as a kid watching the "Superfriends" though JL was really nothing like that.

The Bugs Bunny / Road Runner show is one of the most fondly remembered shows of my youth, along with reruns of Rat Patrol

The series Terriers only lasted one season but it was very good, also I loved all the Stargate series but in the end Stargate Universe may have been the best of that bunch,  it just took too long to get the story moving and people watching.

I love watching old episodes of The Rifleman and Hogan's Heroes  and The Waltons  all  totally different kind of shows. 

phatphil

• Total Posts: 668
          Re:What was the greatest TV Show of all time? Sun, 08/21/11 12:33 PM (permalink)
          sopranos
          the shield
          andy griffith
          leave it to beaver
          adam 12
          dragnet

ladygodiva

• Total Posts: 96
            Re:What was the greatest TV Show of all time? Sun, 08/21/11 1:18 PM (permalink)
            also comedy wise,
             I love Lucy
            Family Guy (Yes, I am quite lowbrow)
            Simpsons

and a short lived cop drama, Boomtown
            <message edited by ladygodiva on Sun, 08/21/11 1:24 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
              Change Page: < 1234567 | Showing page 7 of 7, messages 181 to 186 of 186

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com