Austin Gypsy Trailer Fest failure

Author
doggydaddy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1847
2010/11/08 08:46:49 (permalink)

Austin Gypsy Trailer Fest failure

This weekend, there was a very large festival showcasing a large variety of the various trailers scattered around the city of Austin.  This was something that I was really looking forward to attending.  In preparation, I made sure the batteries in the camera were charged and I did not eat anything as I wanted to save space for all the choices I wanted to try, and as I said, there were many.
Arriving there, I joined a large crowd of festival going food fans. It was here that I had my biggest disappointment of the day.
My camera card was not initializing and I realized that my intentions for a trip report were shot. I was unable to take photos of all the great food being sold and that I wanted to eat. 
This is where the second problem occurred. This festival was so huge and too many people attended; there were lines of over 100 people for each trailer.
This was the problem, you would wait for over a half hour, get to the counter and wait at another window for another thirty minutes for your order to be ready.
 It became a problem with some people. It became a problem for the vendors too as they were running out of some menu items. One or two booths closed outright  by mid-day.
 As I did not eat anything prior to the fest, I was very hungry and it became a problem for me. After waiting for about 40 minutes for my Vietnamese pork belly taco, I realized I under-ordered and would have to wait for about the same amount of time for any trailer.  Sadly, the Korean taco at another truck went untested and untasted. Too bad.

I had to go across the river into downtown to get something to eat...
This is where I wish the camera was working as I stumbled into a doghouse art show. A lot of creativity went into them and I am sure that many here would like the doghouse designed as a hotdog in bun. 

Hit the following link to see all the trailers that were represented and their stories.
There is a lot of good advice they share.

mark
http://www.trailerfooddiaries.com/Austin_Trailers.html

http://www.news8austin.com/content/headlines/275008/gypsy-picnic-highlights-local-trailer-eateries

1 Reply Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1