The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Porta Del Sol: Puerto Rico's West Coast Region

KingT

• Total Posts: 75
Porta Del Sol: Puerto Rico's West Coast Region Tue, 11/9/10 11:57 AM (permalink)
Hey folks, long time no see. Honestly I'd post more on here if the software wasnt from the early 90's. Writing a post and trying to get that pop out box full screen so I can see what I'm writing and always having something wrong with the language etc gets me too frustrated. Roadfood is the best food site on the 'net but the software needs to be updated. Well anyway, enough frustration, here are some pics from my trip to Puerto Rico's West Coast region last May. I have many, many more pics including lots of info and what we did linked below. So if your interested in taking a trip there this winter, this will no doubt help. I would highly recommend the West Coast over San Jaun. Many reasons why are discussed in the link. Enjoy!

Said to be the best place in the Caribbean to catch some waves

This pig had the crackliest mouth watering skin I ever had, I ate most of it as I sat there and they went to work on it, chopping away, they kept handing me pieces of crispy skin. They were thrilled how into it we were.

Stop drooling on yourself...

Pure Puerto Rico

Gulligans Island, PR

Cruising thru the mountains of Puerto Rico

San Sebastian's Salto Collazo

If you want some more pics and video of that pig roast and the famous oyster lady in Boqueron, as well as the best round up of Porta Del Sol on the 'net, you check that out HERE.

Happy Traveling from chibbqking.
<message edited by KingT on Tue, 11/9/10 11:59 AM>

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
    Re:Porta Del Sol: Puerto Rico's West Coast Region Tue, 11/9/10 12:51 PM (permalink)
    Thanks for sharing with us-beautiful looking pig( and yes, I was almost drooling)

kland01s

• Total Posts: 2835
      Re:Porta Del Sol: Puerto Rico's West Coast Region Wed, 11/10/10 9:56 AM (permalink)
      Beautiful photos! That's for posting.

Wintem01

• Total Posts: 205
        Re:Porta Del Sol: Puerto Rico's West Coast Region Wed, 11/10/10 3:16 PM (permalink)
        Just BEE-YOO-TIFUL. Nice scenery, too

ayersian

Re:Porta Del Sol: Puerto Rico's West Coast Region Wed, 11/10/10 4:43 PM (permalink)
          KingT

Hey folks, long time no see. Honestly I'd post more on here if the software wasn't from the early 90's. Writing a post and trying to get that pop out box full screen so I can see what I'm writing and always having something wrong with the language etc gets me too frustrated. Roadfood is the best food site on the 'net but the software needs to be updated.

KingT, thanks for your input.  Maybe the squeaky wheel will get some oil...  Chris

Nancypalooza

• Total Posts: 3778
            Re:Porta Del Sol: Puerto Rico's West Coast Region Wed, 11/10/10 5:11 PM (permalink)
            That is a really gorgeous pig.  I don't say that to just anyone.

mar52

• Total Posts: 7590
              Re:Porta Del Sol: Puerto Rico's West Coast Region Wed, 11/10/10 5:22 PM (permalink)
              City girl here.  ACK!!!

mcguirejohnr

• Total Posts: 111
                Re:Porta Del Sol: Puerto Rico's West Coast Region Sat, 02/12/11 11:20 AM (permalink)
                Great pictures.  I'll be headed down there in March doing a week on the Northwest coast (Aguadilla) and then a week on the Northeast coast (Luquillo).  Last time down I went to Guavate which is home to a bunch of lechoneras for roast pig and I will return for another visit this trip as well.

DirtDude

• Total Posts: 161
                  Re:Porta Del Sol: Puerto Rico's West Coast Region Sat, 02/19/11 10:25 AM (permalink)
                  Awesome, I went to Rincon with a friend 2 years ago. There was some good food in the area, but never saw any roasted pig. Our favorite place was a little taco shop off the side of a hill where we were staying. Thanks for the photos.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 3 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com