The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Oyster (or shrimp) Po-Boy in {{gasp}} San Francisco

BT

• Total Posts: 3589
Oyster (or shrimp) Po-Boy in {{gasp}} San Francisco Tue, 11/23/10 2:15 AM (permalink)
Generally I don't believe in eating food that's too far out of its native element and Cajun/Creole is way, way out of its element in San Francisco where little is more to be feared than . . . fat (or anything fried in it).  But sometimes you just get a craving, you know?  And if that happens, you should know (which is why I'm posting this) that there is a place to get a fried oyster po-boy (or a seafood beignet or gumbo or . . . .) that is simply wonderful; as good as I've had in NOLA (and I go to NOLA at least once a year).  The place is called Brenda's French Soul Food.  I guess Brenda, who is a New Orleanean, called it that because she thought "French" would go over better in the pretentious Bay Area than "Creole" but she sells Cajun/Creole food.   And she sells a lot of it.  Turns out the biggest downside to her place is that there's nearly always a line to get in, or at least there has been.  It's under enlargement (and the new section may be open by now--I'm out of town so I don't know for sure).

Here's Brenda's web site:  http://www.frenchsoulfood.com/home.htm

Here's a sadistic set of photos of her food:  http://www.yelp.com/biz_p...T96iyUhAQanv9aJpd8AHbw

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com