Doc Watson and Football in Raleigh, NC

Author
DirtDude
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 161
2010/11/26 10:31:51 (permalink)

Doc Watson and Football in Raleigh, NC

I went to visit some friends in Raleigh, NC a few weeks ago so we could see Doc Watson play with David Holt on Friday night, then go to the Virginia Tech/UNC game on Saturday. After all the traveling I have done for work, this was a great fall weekend. I love the Triangle, there is just so music, food, and beer in that area. Anyway we started off at the Busy Bee in Raleigh:

I got a chicken pot pie, which had some French way of cooking onions and carrots together. It was definitely a rich sauce on the inside of the pie, if not a little salty.

Should have stuck with a burger though, which you could get a side of mac n cheese with. Anyone out there ever put cinnamon sugar on their mac n cheese, or was it only my family? Every one down here has never heard of it. Sorry, back to the burger; it had a slice of fried green tomato on it. My friends swear it was awesome, wish I had gotten one instead. The pot pie just wasn't enough by itself.

After that it was off to see Doc Watson, sorry they said no photography. Some people in there had cameras, but its hard to sneak mine in with warm weather. The show was great though, still hittin' it at 87 years old!

6 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1