The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Hey All...new guy...virgin poster

mychickenlivers

• Total Posts: 1
Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Sun, 12/5/10 11:02 AM (permalink)
Owner and operator of New Philly Cheese Steaks..U got it, New Philadelphia Ohio
We use an 8 inch semi soft Roll..The Whizzzzzz..Grilled peppers and Onion and Shaved Top Round....top it off with Dixie Style Cole Slaw....Kickin around a provolone Option..We also offer a Cheese Steak with Roast Pork or Grilled Chicken

.wanted to intro me and my place...Love these forums bout da business

MellowRoast

• Total Posts: 1933
    Re:Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Sun, 12/5/10 11:10 AM (permalink)
    Welcome to Roadfood!  The more, the merrier.  Or I should say, at this time of year, the more egg nog, the merrier.

Twinwillow

• Total Posts: 4899
      Re:Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Sun, 12/5/10 12:02 PM (permalink)
      mychickenlivers

We use an 8 inch semi soft Roll..The Whizzzzzz..Grilled peppers and Onion and Shaved Top Round....top it off with Dixie Style Cole Slaw....Kickin around a provolone Option..We also offer a Cheese Steak with Roast Pork or Grilled Chicken

I won't report your first post as SPAM even though it should be. Welcome to Roadfood abd next time you post, don't advertise yourself!

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17845
        Re:Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Sun, 12/5/10 4:14 PM (permalink)
        New Philadelphia, eh. That's not far from me. Welcome to Roadfood.

I'll take mine with the provolone, and leave the slaw for someone else.

edwmax

• Total Posts: 2015
          Re:Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Sun, 12/5/10 4:40 PM (permalink)
          Next time post pics of your sandwiches.   ... For some reason that's not considered spam.   ... Oh, yea I think you have to get up to 15 post (???)  or more before you can pics.   Welcome to roadfood.   

1bbqboy

• Total Posts: 4542
            Re:Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Sun, 12/5/10 4:45 PM (permalink)
            do you serve chicken livers or gizzards?

otherwise, you should be myphillycheesesteak, shouldn't you? :)

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6100
              Re:Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Sun, 12/5/10 5:02 PM (permalink)
              Welcome, mychickenlivers, I wish you success in your biz. If I were you I absolutely would offer provalone as an option, I believe more people outside of Philly prefer it, and many in Philly do too.

Michael Hoffman

Re:Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Sun, 12/5/10 5:38 PM (permalink)
                By the way mychickenlivers, if you're going to offer it with roast pork, why not add some broccoli rabe to go with that pork. I'll be there right away.

BillyB

• Total Posts: 2851
                  Re:Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Sun, 12/5/10 7:13 PM (permalink)

MCL, I agree on the Provolone, not everyone would like Cheese Whiz, in fact if thats all you served I wouldn't even buy one. I agree with Michael on the Rabe, and I never agree with Michael............Nice to see a Virgin in the Forum...........

sk bob

• Total Posts: 1801
                    Re:Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Sun, 12/5/10 8:44 PM (permalink)
                    don't let us scare you away mychickenlivers. stick with it. some peoples bark is worse than thier bite.
                    if you have a business check out the professionals forum but you probably now that if you've been lurking for a while.good luck ,keep posting & post pictures.

edwmax

• Total Posts: 2015
                      Re:Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Sun, 12/5/10 9:03 PM (permalink)
                      Darn .... Bill ...
                      Now I want a whole box of gizzards & a fresh bottle of Crystal hot sauce!  ... ...

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4466
                        Re:Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Mon, 12/6/10 9:36 AM (permalink)
                        I gotta argue with youse guys on the provolone.  Unless you are talking about using aged, sharp provolone?  That white, semi-soft deli style stuff does nothing for me.  It's almost totally tasteless.  I would take American or cheese whiz over deli provolone anytime.

acer2x

• Total Posts: 440
                          Re:Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Mon, 12/6/10 9:52 AM (permalink)
                          Cole Slaw on a cheesteak? This is heresy.

I agree about the provolone. Use only the aged sharp provolone instead of the soft deli kind.

How about adding some fried  green peppers to the sandwich as an option and having a jar of hot cherry peppers available for those who desire a kick to their sandwich?

Tony Bad

Re:Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Mon, 12/6/10 9:58 AM (permalink)
                            joerogo

I gotta argue with youse guys on the provolone.  Unless you are talking about using aged, sharp provolone?  That white, semi-soft deli style stuff does nothing for me.  It's almost totally tasteless.  I would take American or cheese whiz over deli provolone anytime.

Joe knows cheese! Most provolone is little different from the paper they use to separate the slices.

Howard Baratz

• Total Posts: 445
                              Re:Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Mon, 12/6/10 10:13 AM (permalink)
                              Twinwillow

mychickenlivers

I won't report your first post as SPAM even though it should be. Welcome to Roadfood abd next time you post, don't advertise yourself!

Nice job of running the new guy over with the welcome wagon.

Michael Hoffman

Re:Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Mon, 12/6/10 10:38 AM (permalink)
                                joerogo

I could not possibly agree more.

Well, except for the Cheese Whiz stuff. I'd skip the cheese altogether rather than had to dea with Cheese Whiz.

wheregreggeats.com

Re:Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Mon, 12/6/10 10:46 AM (permalink)
                                  Howard Baratz

Twinwillow

mychickenlivers

Nice job of running the new guy over with the welcome wagon.

Well put.

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4466
                                    Re:Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Mon, 12/6/10 1:23 PM (permalink)
                                    We have a Welcome Wagon?

1bbqboy

• Total Posts: 4542
                                      Re:Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Mon, 12/6/10 1:46 PM (permalink)
                                      joerogo

We have a Welcome Wagon?

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15066
                                        • Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                        • Roadfood Insider
                                        Re:Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Mon, 12/6/10 1:52 PM (permalink)
                                        Hmmm 19 responses to the original..and no follow-up by him??? Must be very busy selling Cheese-Steaks !
                                          I'm with Michael on the cheese.  I'll go with red-sauce (an Italian Beef Sandwich) before I will touch anything with Cheese Whiz  on it. If a choice is made, give me Provolone on the sandwich to glue the other items inside the roll!

wheregreggeats.com

Re:Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Mon, 12/6/10 2:03 PM (permalink)

I have to respect the locals who love taking theirs with a wizz.

I, on my occasional opportunities to have one in Philly, always hearmyself saying Provolone (wit) ...

MellowRoast

Re:Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Mon, 12/6/10 2:48 PM (permalink)
                                            Now, as O'Reilly would say, I could be wrong, BUT...regarding this thread, something's nagging at me that our livers may have been had.

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6100
                                              Re:Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Mon, 12/6/10 5:19 PM (permalink)
                                              wheregreggeats.com

I have to respect the locals who love taking theirs with a wizz.

I, on my occasional opportunities to have one in Philly, always hearmyself saying Provolone (wit) ...

Couldn't agree more with the first statement, in fact when I had a steak and cheese with Wizz on it it tasted like it had wizz on it.

MellowRoast

Re:Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Mon, 12/6/10 5:24 PM (permalink)
                                                There's just something about cheese in a can that doesn't taste right.

Ev1L

• Total Posts: 80
                                                  Re:Hey All...new guy...virgin poster Fri, 12/17/10 8:58 PM (permalink)

BillyB

Nice to see a Virgin in the Forum...........

I can register new accounts and post just so you can re-live that magic moment over and over again.

The the things I do for people

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                    • No New Messages
                                                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                    • Read Message
                                                    • Post New Thread
                                                    • Reply to message
                                                    • Post New Poll
                                                    • Submit Vote
                                                    • Post reward post
                                                    • Delete my own posts
                                                    • Delete my own threads
                                                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com