The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

A sign of quality?

tmiles

• Total Posts: 1910
A sign of quality? Tue, 12/7/10 6:40 AM (permalink)
Barts is a small ice cream company based in western Massachusetts. They franchise a few scoop shops, so I have posted this new thread here rather than "ice cream" to meet the "no chains" rule.

I have been to only the Amherst location, which is, IMO an equil to the justly famous Herrill's in nearby Northampton. (both are mentioned in various places on this site)

Bart's uses the biggest, best tasting, marachino cherry that I have ever had on a sundae. I generally don't even eat the dinky, red, stemless, lump served at most places, but Barts is different.

I wonder how input costs at a Barts compare to those at the typical chain. I'd be willing to bet that a shop pays more for everything from the ice cream to the sauce, to the cherry. They may save a little on the cream, as they make it themselves, but I expect that the savings are eaten up by extra labor..

At around $6 for a "large" (medium) sundae, Barts is not cheap, but they are not out of line with the competition considering the quality.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com