Southern Delaware roadfood (yes, Delaware)

Author
NYNM
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3053
2010/12/11 19:34:25 (permalink)

Southern Delaware roadfood (yes, Delaware)

We spent Thanksgiving in a lovely home we rented on the shore in Lewes Delaware (took ferry over from Cape May, NJ). I found out there is much Delaware Food! 
We of course had Bay Seasoning on our foods, (tho we were on Delaware Bay, not Chesapeake), found a number of restaurants offering Lobster Specials (not knowing Delaware grows lobsters   : ), then of course, chicken, chicken, chicken (I believe Sussex County, DE is the prime chicken-growing county in USA), went out to Rehoboth for a Christmas Tree Lighting ceremeony, replete with cotton candy, salt-water taffy, frence fries, all from the boardwalk next to Xmas tree). We found some great seafood shops with all sorts of homemade fish chowders, crab soups, etc, served right from tureen, a few grocery shops in Lewes had lots of PADutch foods (scrapple, pepper slaw, red beet eggs, etc), then there's Peppers a top-notch hot sauce shop - claims to have over 2000 varieties. We went to a small farmer's market and had all sorts of great treats: home made spices, beach plum jam, spiced cranberry jam, even - I can't believe it - "Thanksgiving Pizza" (pizza with turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce!)!

13 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1