The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST?

Rabkin

• Total Posts: 64
Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? Mon, 12/13/10 8:44 AM (permalink)
I was inspired to post this by the hellishly long wait I endured at our local Sonic drive through the other day.  And this is pretty well the norm for this particular Sonic (which is probably why I frequent it so, erm, infrequently), and I suspect the reason is that I've never once seen an adult on the premises (I refer to this as the Dairy Queen Phenomenon).  But Sonic's not the worst drive through 'round these parts.  Not by a long shot.

No, that decidedly dubious honor goes to none other than Steak 'n Shake.  And not just the one in my town, but, literally, every single Steak 'n Shake I've ever been to.  We're talking waits approaching 30 minutes.  When yours is the only vehicle in the queue.  (And, for the record, the dine in experience is no less hair-pullingly awful.)

On a lighter note: The best drive through, 'round these parts, anyway, would have to be either Wendy's or McDonald's.  At either place, the queue could seem to be off-puttingly long, but by and large, you're through in ten minutes or less (most of the time less).

So, how about where all of you live?  What's the best and what's the worst? 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com