Billyboy's Bodacious Bites of 2010

Author
billyboy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2442
2011/01/02 01:37:06 (permalink)

Billyboy's Bodacious Bites of 2010

I hardly travelled in 2010 but all of these wonderful year's end recaps got me thinking:  What foods really stood out for me in 2010? What foods still haunt my taste buds months later?  So, in chronological order and without further ado...

The bacon cheeseburger at Peter Luger's in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NYC.  I went back there 2 weeks ago with my friends and it's just as amazing as ever.  Juicy and beefy.  To date, the only restaurant I actually RAN to (4 miles) for a meal!

Tavern-style pizza at Kinchley's Tavern in Ramsey, NJ.  My co-workers in Northern NJ said I simply had to try this so one day we took a long lunch and I was introduced to the delights of tavern-pizza.  This place definitely had more of a tavern than restaurant feel and it seemed as though everyone knew everyone else and all tables had multiple pizza on them.  This pepperoni & mushroom pizza was chewy at the center and became cracker-like towards the edges and was so thin I could have eaten a whole pie by myself.  

The cheeseburger at J.G. Melon on the Upper East Side, NYC.  I received a last minute call from The Travelin' Man and braved a severe rain/wind storm for this cheeseburger!  However, the chance to indulge in one of their beefy wonders and hang with TTM was too good to pass up.  Melons always has a clubby sort of feel to it and I usually have a conversation with one or two people who have been regulars for decades.

4-Way chili at Gold Star Chili in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport.  After having seen countless pictures of this dish in RF over the years, I was eager for our layover on the way back from Disney so I could tuck into this rib-sticking delight.

Grimaldi's Pizzeria in Brooklyn, NY.  The first of many visits in 2010 was in the company of two wonderful Roadfooders, Chris & Amy of ayersian.  This sausage, black olive and extra basil pie still "has me at hello".

More to come...

38 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1