Plans for 2011?

Author
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5077
2011/01/02 14:22:44 (permalink)

Plans for 2011?

A couple of people have mentioned 2011 elsewhere so I thought I'd start a thread specifically about Roadfooding in the new year.

My first trip is in January, when I get together with college and other friends in Appleton for The Great Midwest Trivia Contest (it's my 25th consecutive year).  For the trip up I'm planning on lunch at Tabbert's in Rosendale and possibly dinner at Mom's Place in Brillion.  Or maybe a pizza at Cranky Pat's in Neenah or Oshkosh.

April brings a trip to my alma mater for the Drake Relays, although this year Mrs. Olson might not be able to tag along (no, she's not doing something for Folger's Coffee that weekend).  If I'm by myself I might try to work in a visit to the National Brewery Museum, and it also means I'll be spending the weekend on the couch in my friend Gully's basement.  He's not a member here but is definitely a Roadfooder at heart, so hopefully I'll be able to convince him that we should eat at Chuck's, Woody's, or Smokey D's.

This year I also have a May trip to Indianapolis, which I mentioned in a different thread.  I'm hoping to find a good-to-memorable meal or 2 along the way as well as during my 3 days there.

I've posted here before about the family vacation in July in the Cable, Wisconsin area, where it seems like Flatlanders outnumber Cheeseheads by about 10:1 during the summer.  There are hundreds of places to eat here and we try to hit 1 new place and 1 "old reliable" every year.

At the end of August I visit friends in southern Ohio, and this year I've already made plans to meet Roadfooder 6star at Bemer's Village Inn in Spring Bay, Illinois.  I'm looking forward to dining and staying at the Canyon Inn in Indiana on my trip out and maybe even the Starved Rock Inn on the way back.  Kathy and her family visited here quite often when she was younger so I'm trying to justify a visit by using the "but I've never been there" approach but I'm not sure if she's buying it yet.  But either way I'm not missing Ron's Cajun Connection this year!!

This past year we didn't visit the in-laws in Arkansas for Thanksgiving so I imagine that this year we'll be going, and that means a quick visit with the Dr. of BBQ and maybe a meal at Cozy Dog or pizza at Top Cat's in Springfield, Illinois.  Sometimes we overnight there on our way back home and that might open up some more possibilities, too.

Geez...I didn't realize how much I travel until I started putting this post together!  Certainly it's not as much as some but it's definitely a lot for me!

So what are your plans for 2011?

Brad
post edited by ScreamingChicken - 2011/01/02 14:33:21

29 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1