The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Woodmans in Essex

Filetofish

• Total Posts: 59
Woodmans in Essex Wed, 01/5/11 7:09 AM (permalink)
I live in Gloucester which is one town over from Essex. It has been many years since I have eaten at Woodman's as most folks around here consider it a tourist trap, which it is. The food is good though. The problem is that there are other places that have food just as good for less or more of it.
I don't know why I stopped there to eat but I was satisfied. I didn't get the clams like I usually would, I wanted fish and chips. Woodman's doesn't have fish and chips, they have a haddock plate which is $13.95. The plate comes with french fries and onion rings.
The fish was just what I expected, fried lightly and moist. This fish was in the Atlantic probably less than 24 hours before. The tartar sauce was very good, 2 containers. The french fries were also very good, nothing remarkable. The onion rings were excellent, batter dipped and fried a bit dark. They cool off fast so eat quickly. A large ginger ale with ice brought the total with tip to $18.00.
Woodman's used to have 1 pound containers of salt on every table, not any more. The inner is served in a Miller beer cardboard case box. I'm not complaining because the food was fine. But just up the street at Essex Seafood, I could get fish & chips for $6.95, or the same dinner for $9.95.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com