Woodmans in Essex

Author
Filetofish
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 59
2011/01/05 07:09:50 (permalink)

Woodmans in Essex

I live in Gloucester which is one town over from Essex. It has been many years since I have eaten at Woodman's as most folks around here consider it a tourist trap, which it is. The food is good though. The problem is that there are other places that have food just as good for less or more of it.
I don't know why I stopped there to eat but I was satisfied. I didn't get the clams like I usually would, I wanted fish and chips. Woodman's doesn't have fish and chips, they have a haddock plate which is $13.95. The plate comes with french fries and onion rings.
The fish was just what I expected, fried lightly and moist. This fish was in the Atlantic probably less than 24 hours before. The tartar sauce was very good, 2 containers. The french fries were also very good, nothing remarkable. The onion rings were excellent, batter dipped and fried a bit dark. They cool off fast so eat quickly. A large ginger ale with ice brought the total with tip to $18.00.
Woodman's used to have 1 pound containers of salt on every table, not any more. The inner is served in a Miller beer cardboard case box. I'm not complaining because the food was fine. But just up the street at Essex Seafood, I could get fish & chips for $6.95, or the same dinner for $9.95.

9 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1