The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Georgetown, DE - La Placita Tacos

a71678

• Total Posts: 19
Georgetown, DE - La Placita Tacos Sat, 01/8/11 11:03 PM (permalink)
I like to save up all my photos for a year-end review, but since I haven't found the time yet to compile 2010, I figure maybe my New Year's resolution can be to post the best restaurants as I find them.  Ladies and gentlemen, La Placita Tacos (13203 Seashore Hwy., Georgetown, DE) is my first "best" restaurant of 2011!

My fiancee and I pass this small (and I mean SMALL!), unassuming place often while heading out of town for road trips, and I mention every time we pass by that I'd like to try it, but that always seems to be long before the restaurant opens or long after it closes.  When we saw the "open" sign lit up on our way back from a family gathering this evening, we knew the time was right!

I would rank the small, simple meal I had here among the top 10 in my lifetime! There's absolutely no doubt we'll be back. I'll let the photos tell the rest of the story.

This looks like our kind of place!

Proof that in Roadfood, size doesn't matter!

Don't know about your neck of the woods, but there aren't too many restaurants around here, Mexican or otherwise, that advertise tongue, head beef and brain.

Check out the "fixin's" bar! Everything on it was made fresh. Quesadillas weren't on the menu, but the chef made one special for my stepdaughter-to-be. We were the only customers so late at night, so the owner spent a lot of time chatting with us and with her, in particular. She loved being quizzed on the Spanish words she learned on Dora the Explorer.

But of course, the true test of any restaurant is its food. My fiancee took one bite of her asada tacos and was in Heaven!

I chose to be a little more adventurous and got the fried carnitas (left) and pork skin taco (right). I have to admit, when he brought out the pork skin, my first thought was, "I've made a terrible mistake." But it turned out to be the highlight of the meal! This ugly little thing was absolutely amazing, and though I usually forego traditional taco toppings, a little green chile salsa made these little beauties even more irresistable.

The owner surprised us with a husk-wrapped tamale on the house. As with the rest of the food, this was superb and had a wonderful spiciness of its own. Can't wait to go back for more!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com