- Joined: 1/7/2011
- Location: Valencia, XX
Tue, 01/11/11 3:23 PM
2 - 3 cooking apples
2 eggs, beaten
250 g (9oz) caster sugar
100 g (4 oz) butter
410 g can Evaporated Milk
175 g (7 oz) plain flour, sifted
2 teaspoons baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6. Grease a non-stick roasting pan, measuring 25.5 x 30.5cm (10 x 12 inches).
2. Peel, core and slice the apples and cover with water to prevent them from browning.
3. Whisk the eggs and 225g (8oz) of caster sugar until thick and creamy. Place the butter and half the can of Milk in a small saucepan and heat until the butter has melted. Stir this into the egg mixture.
4. Fold in the flour and baking powder. Pour into the prepared tin.
5. Drain the apple slices, pat dry and arrange on top of the batter. Sprinkle on the remaining sugar.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Cut into slices and serve with the remaining Milk.