Weekend Getaway on Eastern shore, Maryland (no pictures)

Author
Greymo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3710
2011/02/11 20:01:18 (permalink)

Weekend Getaway on Eastern shore, Maryland (no pictures)

I enjoyed a nice getaway weekend on the Eastern shore in Maryland this past weekend.  I hated looking at all the snow and just wanted to look at something else.  I got a wonderful rate at the Hyatt Regency Resort in Cambridge, Md.  and off I went on Sunday morning.  
I had a late                breakfast at Holly's restaurant where I have eaten before.  I ordered chipped beef on toast and it was  outstanding..................perhaps the best that I have ever had.  Fried chicken is something that they are famous for, and I noticed that it was listed on the menu by the piece, so ordered a piece of chicken breast.  It  was disappointing.  It had a wonderful crispy and delicious coating but the chicken was very dry...................maybe it was the  wrong time of day to have it.  However the huge serving of chipped beef more than made up for the chicken.  I could not begin to finish it. The service was great.  I really enjoy this place.Welcome to Holly's Restaurant & Motel

I checked into my very elegant  room  and then headed down to the hot tub and pool.  The hot tub was huge and what was really neat was that if you swam  out into an opening  you were outside in the hot tub.  It was really nice.  A tropical drink set me back  ten bucks!   Oh well,  I  was pretending to be wealthy.

The Hyatt had a huge screen set up for people to watch the  Super Bowl.  It looked tempting but I decided to go to a place that I had called.  They assured me that there would be  TV;s to watch the game and told me to be sure and join in on the party.  So  off I went to http://www.snapperswaterfrontcafe.com/home.html  I went upstairs and it turned out to be a very small party of all locals.  The owner and his wife treated me like visiting royalty.  Everyone talked to me and I felt so comfortable.  The food was free and consisted of subs, meatballs and potato chips made by the owner's wife, and other food which I did not pay attention to.  I had a delicious sub with a beer.  That first beer was the only thing I paid for all evening.  Every time that the Packer's scored, the great bartender threw jello shots at each person.  The owner bought  drinks for all and everyone had a wonderful time.  I cannot wait to come back to this place with my family for dinner sometime.

The next morning, I decided to go to Ocean City for the day.  I stopped at the Cambridge Diner for breakfast.  I had the French toast and sausage, along with iced tea.  Everything was excellent.  The  service was very good and friendly.  On the way out<  I spent at least a couple of minutes looking at all the amazing cakes and pies on display.  This was a great place to stop.

Ocean City was deserted........did not see a single soul walking!  Even the beach was empty.  I  imagine that the hotels that remain open all year did not have any business at all.  II did some shopping  and had a very early dinner at  http://www.bjsonthewater.com/   I had an wonderful appetizer of  fried oysters, done perfectly, along with a small  house salad. The oysters were outstanding.  It was lovely sitting there and watching the ducks swimming around.   The owner came over and chatted with me for a while.  It was a very enjoyable meal.

I headed back to my hotel in  Cambridge  and into the pool and hot tub for a hour.  Then it was back to my room with a great book that I am enjoying.  The next morning, I checked out and drove to Easton and had breakfast at the  Easton Diner.  Here again, the service was really good.  I had some wonderful sausage gravy and biscuits.  The iced tea was terrific.  The one item that was not way above par was the shredded potatoes.  They were not the least  bit crisp.  It looked like they sprinkled paprika on them for a little color.

I stopped at the Queenstown Outlet  Center and went to Pepperidge farm  Outlet to stock up on  lots of goodies.  Of course I had to stop at Polock Johnny's  for  a  Polish sausauge sandwich.  Then I was on my way  across  the  big old  Bay Bridge and back home to the ususal  life................a great getaway! 

18 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1