The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Authentic Mexican in my small town

tkitna

• Total Posts: 620
Authentic Mexican in my small town Thu, 02/24/11 1:07 AM (permalink)
I felt compelled to post about a new restaurant that opened up in my small town of Wellsburg, West Virginia. Its called Spicy Gringo's and they serve authentic Mexican dishes. The owners are Michelle and Alan Huffman and they are originally from San Diego. They got tired of the rat race and moved here and opened up the place. The first thing that you'll notice when you walk in is the service. Michelle makes you feel welcome and is truly a geniune person. You dont get that very often anymore. Alan and Michelles mom do the cooking. First you're offered the homeade chips and with a variety of homeade salsa's or pico de gallo. My wife had three beef tacos and I had the special which was white chicken chili with jalapeno cornbread. Awesome food. The beef tacos were to die for (I had to try them) as was my dish also.

Anyways, i'm going to do a full review with pictures soon along with other local places this spring on my little motorcycle tour, but if anybody is around my area, please stop in as Michelle and Alan would love to see you.
<message edited by tkitna on Thu, 02/24/11 1:09 AM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 3 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com