The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

5yrs and 1st and goal... more new photos added

Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 61 to 77 of 77
Barbeque barn

• Total Posts: 187
Re:5yrs and 1st and goal... added photos to flicker copy& paste Mon, 06/6/11 3:58 PM (permalink)
I put the chaser lighting up on the roof line and will have photos of it on my facebook page as I can't load any more pictures on here for some reason? And when I post anything I have to press the post button 2 time after I press it once then hit the back button then post message for the second time. Unable to open full version of the post also. any suggestions?

Barbeque barn

Re:5yrs and 1st and goal... added photos to flicker copy& paste Mon, 06/20/11 9:45 PM (permalink)

just a picture of the new bbq sign and flag on van

Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
      • Roadfood Insider
      Re:5yrs and 1st and goal... added photos to flicker copy& paste Tue, 06/21/11 1:12 AM (permalink)
      Pretty cool truck. What year and model is your step van? And what is the total height with your exhaust?
      Jack

Barbeque barn

Re:5yrs and 1st and goal... added photos to flicker copy& paste Tue, 06/21/11 2:50 PM (permalink)
        1983 ford Kurbmaster and put a 1986 ford 300 cid w/4 speed T15. Its right around 12' 6" and have to wacth it when pulling thur the car wash. The fuel mileage isn't all that great but don't go very far with it. About three miles radius. Only gets about 4mpg or is that 4 gal per mile.

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
          Re:5yrs and 1st and goal... added photos to flicker copy& paste Tue, 06/21/11 8:36 PM (permalink)
          Cool, so what is the length from the back of the engine houseing to the rear doors? It looks long and that's good. And is your door a pocket type door or does it slide on the outside?

Here are some older pictures of my step van and I have not done a lot to it yet except replace the 454 with a brand new one and a new tranny. By the way the guy in the 1st picture is the crooked bank jerk that I bought it from on Ebay. I say crooked because he wrote me numerous emails telling me the tranny and engine were both brand new. But after I paid him the 5K...... it only lasted 34 miles. So Ebay gave me my money back and I got to keep the SV. But of course I also had to tow it home $800.00, put in a new 454 engine $2400.00 and a new tranny $400.00. I had a friend that found a hell of a deal on the tranny. So now I'm going to get my tail in gear and get it finished.

Barbeque barn

Re:5yrs and 1st and goal... added photos to flicker copy& paste Tue, 06/21/11 9:01 PM (permalink)
            It's a pocket type door and I'm not sure what the lenght of it but it looks to be the same as your van. The inside of your van looks to be in real good shape. And doesn't seem to look like it's going to take to much to change over to a food service van. Change the countertops and add more room under the counter for clean water tank and piping, serving window, refrigeration and a/c. Look to be a clean unit there Doc. And to bad about the engine & trans.

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
              Re:5yrs and 1st and goal... added photos to flicker copy& paste Tue, 06/21/11 9:14 PM (permalink)
              Yes on the banker deal but Ebay took very good care of me when they sent the check for the 5K. And now it is all new so that's cool. My SV is 18 feet from the back doors to the engine housing. Now I wish it were longer but it's two feet longer than my trailer and in the food business two feet is a lot of room. It came with a generator and a propane furnace and propane tank built in under the floor. In fact the tank is 80% full.
              Jack

Barbeque barn

Re:5yrs and 1st and goal... added photos to flicker copy& paste Fri, 06/24/11 12:05 AM (permalink)

chasing lights 

BackAlleyBurger

• Total Posts: 1077
                  Re:5yrs and 1st and goal... added photos to flicker copy& paste Fri, 06/24/11 4:43 PM (permalink)
                  ok now..... you cant show pics of sweet light installs like that without telling us how you mounted them !!
                  we have the same roof style so i figure they are mounted along the rain gutter, did you drill holes and zip tie them in place? or use screws?.... into the gutter/under it ?
                  your van is looking better and better every time i see it :)

Barbeque barn

Re:5yrs and 1st and goal... added photos to flicker copy& paste Sat, 06/25/11 11:01 AM (permalink)
                    drilled 1/16 hole every 6" and zip tie's. Control box inside and have a 1" hole in top cap that light rope goes thur. Got 150 ft of rope light and controler for 170 dollars. It only took 65 ft to wrap around the entire van. Its a three wire light rope. Thank you Backalley for the comment. The control box has 5 settings and one is where if you play music it will follow the beat. It really get you noticed if your off the beat'in path. Will try and find the the suppier of the lights and post them. Mike

Barbeque barn

Re:5yrs and 1st and goal... added photos to flicker copy& paste Sat, 06/25/11 11:11 AM (permalink)
                      I was think of using a copper tubing to use as a flag pole but it would probably be a lighting rod,,,,lol But then I can stop using the genenny. I wonder if Ben Franklin started out that way?

Barbeque barn

Re:5yrs and 1st and goal... added photos to flicker copy& paste Mon, 06/27/11 11:35 PM (permalink)

SmokehouseDan

• Total Posts: 2
                          Re:5yrs and 1st and goal... added photos to flicker copy& paste Sun, 07/17/11 11:46 PM (permalink)
                          Hey Mike,
                          I just signed up and have been splashing around recovering from an auto accident my wife friend and business partner and his girlfriend where in last week. The Lord has spared my life and the lives of my wife and friends. Anyway I have read your posts and appreciate your honesty and positive attitude.
                          I have a 1997 GMC Step Van with a diesel engine, it’s a previous Frito Lay truck, I purchased it to move to NC and then convert to a mobile entertainment vehicle but unfortunately with the economy and the fact that folks down south don’t want to pay for quality DJ or Live band entertainment.   So plan B, convert the truck to a mobile BBQ and build a smoker to pull behind. I am in the planning mode now, looking at layouts, systems and so on, trying to locate a used 200-300gl propane tank, water system and the list goes on. I have been looking for an RV salvage yard but not found one yet. Any way I would love to learn more about your conversion and what equipment you chose to use and pictures.. Blessings to you and yours. Dan  augustineunlimited@yahoo.com

Barbeque barn

Re:5yrs and 1st and goal... added photos to flicker copy& paste Mon, 07/18/11 12:08 AM (permalink)
                            Thank you Dan, It's a lot of work but well worth it and the experience is an eye opener. It's a leap of faith and to think that your food is good enough to serve to the public and is a chance to show what your taste are. If you look at all the people that are building mobile kitchens that there are a lot of help here that will be giv'in. Any help I cann give just ask. Mike  

Barbeque barn

Re:5yrs and 1st and goal... added photos to flicker copy& paste Thu, 09/1/11 9:50 PM (permalink)

I mounted the generator on the truck.

Barbeque barn

Re:5yrs and 1st and goal... added photos to flicker copy& paste Sat, 11/12/11 11:04 AM (permalink)
                                Well changed a few things in the truck, took out the hood and ansul fire supression and trade for a 3 door frig and a alto shaam warmer and what a difference in the flavor of my meat and taste. and the truck looks more open and more space to work in. Thought I'd stop in to check in and say hi. Mike will have more pic to show later.
                                <message edited by Barbeque barn on Sat, 11/12/11 11:06 AM>

Barbeque barn

Re:5yrs and 1st and goal... added photos to flicker copy& paste Tue, 12/27/11 12:16 AM (permalink)
                                  More change, I'm sittting at a Gas station here in Omaha,Ne. I got to run an electricial line (220v) from a light pole in the parking lot to there panel inside the station. Cost $450 but will pay for itself in less than a year or less. It was costing between $300-400 for gas for the generator for a month,Now about $100-150 amonth. Starting in March there starting construction on a Walmart right next door to the gas station. I was sitting in the Harbour freight parking lot just about 4 months,when the restaurant in the parking lot got upset and called the owner of the property and then was asked to move. Learning a lot and if there not something that I'm not everyday,I'm sleeping. This is not a easy living by any words. The rewards are  when you have customers coming back for more on the sameday and call you and ask when your working again. There a lot of advise here but research it yourself and you'll learn more and think of more ways of what you need for your own business.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                    Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 61 to 77 of 77

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                    • No New Messages
                                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                                    • Read Message
                                    • Post New Thread
                                    • Reply to message
                                    • Post New Poll
                                    • Submit Vote
                                    • Post reward post
                                    • Delete my own posts
                                    • Delete my own threads
                                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com