The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Best way to store food overnight in food truck?

Quesadillalady

• Total Posts: 1
Best way to store food overnight in food truck? Thu, 03/3/11 10:04 AM (permalink)
Hello, I'm in the midst of opening a food truck. I have a NSF refrigerator to keep pre-cooked items in during operation. However, from time to time there will be some items that can be re-used during the following day. My question is what is the best way to keep them cold during this 12 hour period. My generator that powers the fridge must leave the sight after closing. My mobile unit will stay in the same location, (not so mobile)However, I know that refrigerators can take a while to cool back down to the appropiate temperature. Would I be better off finagling a way too keep the generator running the fridge or using a cooler and turning off the fridge overnight? I'd hate to run the fridge overnight for a few ingredients. Does anyone have an estimated time on how long it takes a commercial 28'' fridge to cool back down? Thank you for your insight.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com