The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

how to building a wall in concession van (one way of doing)

Barbeque barn

• Total Posts: 187
how to building a wall in concession van (one way of doing) Thu, 03/3/11 2:27 PM (permalink)
This is how I buildt a wall in the back of my concession van with rollup door and hope it may help someone here that think of do this. Tools need/ drill, 1 1/8 wood bit, 3/8 or 5/16 drill bit. Now 5, 2x4x8', cut to height from floor to celling where wall being placed. Space out evenly and mark on back door. (I worked mine out from center)  Now mark center of top panel of door and use a chualk line and mark down door for each panel, do this for each of the 5 2x4s that you marked on the wall, find center on the chualk of each panel and put a + on line. Now butt 2x4 up to the + mark on door and markon 2x4. From that mark measure back 1 3/4" an mark, drll a 1 1/18 hole with wood bit at each mark, for each 2x4 from the door on side of 2x4. Now find center of the 1 1/8 hole on the edge of 2x4 and drill 3/8 or 5/16" hole to center of 1 1/8 hole, (do this before drilling the panels of back door of van!!!) match holes in 2x4s with marks on door panels. (used 3/8" drill bit) drill thur door panel. Now to have some help with this next step would be fun but isn't more fun to run in and out of the van a hundred time more fun NOT!!!. Just run the right size bolt and throw a nut on and tight'in with some locktite not to tight  just sung. Then you can put up sheet rock or stainless steel and your door is lock down. I hope this help someone Mike
<message edited by Barbeque barn on Thu, 03/3/11 2:28 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com