The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Supply Questions

The Salty Dog

• Total Posts: 74
Supply Questions Tue, 03/8/11 3:52 PM (permalink)
This will be my 1st season with my cart   and I have a few questions and would appreciate forum feedback as I am trying to order some items.

1)  What is the best all around thermometer to be used for testing dogs/sausages etc.  I have been looking at the Taylor digital ones listed in webstaurant and they have ones with 1.5mm probes but there are different ones - is there a specific one everyone prefers?  These have the ability to be calibrated and are NSF.

2)  I was thinking to serve the dogs on foil wrap sheet - so if customer was to go back to the office with it it would stay warm - but the pricing for foil wrap sheets is unbelievable - would appreciate any recommendations - thought of the fluted trays or dry waxed paper and then having foil wrap available if customer was traveling away from cart with order.  Just wanted to hear what everyone else is using and if they have a good supplier to buy from.

3)  I have to put ALL condiments on myself and plan to use the San Jamar Dome chillable condiment system - the unit comes with 1 pt containers but can upgrade to 1-1/2 pt OR 1 qt size - I would prefer to use the 1-1/2 pt and have back-up condiments in refrigeration - how long will relish/onion, etc last - how many dogs on average?...in your opinion will I be refilling constantly?

4)  Disposable gloves are so darn expensive - the only really reasonable place I have found online is Glove Nation - just wondering if anybody buys from them and if so what is the preference?  I have samples of their non-latex powderfree coming - just curious if anyone has found a glove which they are happy with.

5)  Any preferences on sauerkraut?  My fav is silver floss - are there any other good ones out there which I should consider?

6)  Chips!?!?!....is a 1 oz bag a cheesy size???...if offered as the combo...if you offer a combo price for 2 dogs/drink/chips do you pretty much cut your profits in 1/2 on the drink/chips?  I cant seem to locate any chips larger than 1 oz available in quantity.  What size bag do you offer?...and are your customers happy?...got to keep them happy!!!!

I am sure there are so many more questions, but for now these will do.  There seems to be so many things to factor in to get going and I want it all perfect...LOL...and since there is always the uncertainty of how sales will be it is hard to estimate the quantities to purchase - so much uncertainty.

I hope to be placing the order in the very near future so if anyone can pipe in on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com