Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

What is your favorite breakfast item?

Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 91 to 98 of 98
SeamusD

• Total Posts: 939
Re:What is your favorite breakfast item? Fri, 06/24/11 9:50 AM (permalink)
ann peeples

Wow- a memory of Moms roast beef hash, after having had a pot roast the night before...

We'd have Sunday dinner at my grandparents' house every week, and Pop would make roast beef hash out of the leftovers for dinner that night, to be able to quickly reheat the next morning for breakfast. I'd beg and plead to stay over! I was thinking about doing a beef roast on Saturday just to make hash with it Sunday morning.

MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3704
    Re:What is your favorite breakfast item? Sun, 06/26/11 1:00 PM (permalink)
    I prefer the French "city" breakfast - a buffet with coffee, juices, breads (not pastries; those are for afternoon tea), butter, jams, honey, fruit, yogurt, granolas, cheeses, and cold meats & charcuterie.

Hot food, pastries, syrup, etc. make me want to go take a nap.  The breakfast described above gets the day started with energy.

MiamiDon

Re:What is your favorite breakfast item? Sun, 06/26/11 6:18 PM (permalink)
      I thought the French city breakfast was the Three C's: Coffee, Croissant and a Cigarette.

ces1948

• Total Posts: 1499
        Re:What is your favorite breakfast item? Sun, 06/26/11 10:56 PM (permalink)
        When I lived in Tennessee almost every little store with a deli area had fresh biscuit sandwiches each morning. I really got into the steak biscuit. A piece of country fried steak big enough to fit the biscuit. I would also ask for spoonfull of sausage gravy to be put on it  kind of like you would put mayo on something. That and a cold pint of milk. Sure did love it but I really packed on the pounds.

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9526
          Re:What is your favorite breakfast item? Mon, 06/27/11 12:41 AM (permalink)
          ces1948

When I lived in Tennessee almost every little store with a deli area had fresh biscuit sandwiches each morning. I really got into the steak biscuit. A piece of country fried steak big enough to fit the biscuit. I would also ask for spoonfull of sausage gravy to be put on it  kind of like you would put mayo on something. That and a cold pint of milk. Sure did love it but I really packed on the pounds.

Me too! I found Hardee's to make a good CF Steak Biscuit and their Sausage and Gravy biscuits were ok too for convenience. Haven't had one in years. None out here in the Southwest. 

BackAlleyBurger

• Total Posts: 1077
            Re:What is your favorite breakfast item? Mon, 06/27/11 3:02 AM (permalink)
            if your going to hardees you should try a steak biscuit, but get it on a hamburger bun with lettuce cheese tomato and mayo...... my own personal concoction 

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9526
              Re:What is your favorite breakfast item? Mon, 06/27/11 3:16 AM (permalink)
              BackAlleyBurger

if your going to hardees you should try a steak biscuit, but get it on a hamburger bun with lettuce cheese tomato and mayo...... my own personal concoction 

No Thank you.
              I like the Steak Biscuit just the way it is.
              Putting mayo on a CF Steak is a bigger Mortal Sin than putting Ketchup on a Hot Dog!

coolaunt

• Total Posts: 10
                Re:What is your favorite breakfast item? Mon, 07/18/11 4:19 AM (permalink)
                 I love corned beef, kiddie cereal in cold milk, eggs ben, waffles, and bacon. Not necessarily together. :)

Or if I'm looking for more local fare, I like champorado (which is dark chocolate porridge) which is usually eaten with some type of dried, salted fish.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                  Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 91 to 98 of 98

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                  • No New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                  • Read Message
                  • Post New Thread
                  • Reply to message
                  • Post New Poll
                  • Submit Vote
                  • Post reward post
                  • Delete my own posts
                  • Delete my own threads
                  • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com