The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk"

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4082
In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" Sun, 03/20/11 2:12 AM (permalink)
I've been talking about this tour (since last year for cryin' out loud!) for a while and I reckon it's time to take some action.

The concept on this one is to celebrate Chicago food eaten outdoors.  Granted, we don't have many actual food trucks here, yet.  But we do have lot's of places serving good food that needs to be taken away for dining purposes.  I'm thinking about a smoked fish stop (specific location TBD), a Sonoran Hot Dog stop, a Banh Mi stop, a visit to the Cuban and Puerto Rican food trailers in Humboldt Park, and a grand finale with a revisit to La Palapa for extraordinary Mexican seafood eaten in the shadow of a giant fiberglass great white shark.

I need to get this on my calendar ASAP so I can schedule the Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour around it.  So, whaddaya think Contingent--which weekend in May works best for the most people?  I'm thinking either of the last two weekends before Memorial Day--as long as it doesn't conflict with JRPfeff's Smoke Day event.

I know not everybody is hanging out as much here at Roadfood, so maybe we can send out some PMs.  But let's keep the discussion public, here on this thread so we all know what's going on in a central location.

Hope to hear from you all real soon!

Buddy

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com