The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Rochester NY to Destin Fla. Where should I eat?

tabascograz

Rochester NY to Destin Fla. Where should I eat? Thu, 03/31/11 8:08 AM (permalink)
Mostly looking for the must eat places on the stretch heading south from OH. Oh, KY, TN, AL?

MiamiDon

Re:Rochester NY to Destin Fla. Where should I eat? Thu, 03/31/11 9:03 AM (permalink)
    tabasco, it would be easier for folks to help if you would specify your route!

tabascograz

Re:Rochester NY to Destin Fla. Where should I eat? Thu, 03/31/11 9:21 PM (permalink)
      Makes Sense, sorry, looks like well be heading down 71s to 70w, some more 71s and the 65s and us331 in Alabama.

NascarDad

Re:Rochester NY to Destin Fla. Where should I eat? Fri, 04/1/11 11:28 AM (permalink)
        well first since you are from Fairport, pick up a TK's Pizza ;) 

If I were heading back through Alabama , I would head back to the original location of Dreamland BBQ.  The menu is a bit more limited than say Dinosaur BBQ, basically Ribs or BBQ and white bread and   drink, maybe chips and some nanner pudding, but the ribs are great.  HOWEVER that is a bit off your path, into Tuscaloosa.  There is a location in Birmingham, but I have never been, though the menu at the other locations is a bit more expansive than the original.

Littleman

• Total Posts: 590
          Re:Rochester NY to Destin Fla. Where should I eat? Fri, 04/1/11 3:11 PM (permalink)
          Get off I 65 at Exit 127 in Louisville, KY and go E on Highway 1065 to Preston Highway. Take a left a go 3 blocks to Bootleg BBQ for outstanding southern food open at 11AM for lunch and dinner 7 days a week. For good home style food with a water front view get off I 65 at Exit 0 at Court and go W to the first street. Take a left and go S to Riverside Drive to Buck Head Mountain Grill for lunch or dinner.
          Get off I 65 at Exit 94 in Elizabethtown, KY and go W on N Mulberry about half a mile to Stone Hearth Restaurant for outstanding southern food. The fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy is outstanding. Get a Kentucky tradition Hot Brown sandwich or one of their delicious po boys. Call ahead and get a box lunch to go.
          Bootleg BBQ @ 7508 Preston Hwy., Louisville, KY. 502 - 239 - 2722.
          http://www.bootlegbbq.net/
          Stone Hearth Restaurant @ 1001 North Mulberry Street, Elizabethtown, KY 270 - 765 - 4898.
          http://www.stonehearthetown.com/
          Get off I 65 at Exit 94 in Elizabetown, KY and go W on Mulberry to Commerce Drive. Take a left and go to Texas Outlaw BBQ for good road food.
          Get off I 65 at Exit 86 at Glendale, KY and go to The Whistle Sto
          Get off I 65 at Exit 65 in Munfordville, KY and go S on Main Street to Big Bubba Buck 's BBQ for good Kentucky BBQ.
          p or Tony York's for outstanding southern country food for lunch or dinner.
          Get off I 65 at Exit 26 in Bowling Gren, KY and go W on Cemetery Road or Fairview Avenue to Chestnut. Take a left and go to Brickyard Cafe for fine Italian for lunch and dinner.
          Get off I 65 at Exit 2 in Franklin, KY and go to Nashville Road in Franklin, KY to Jim's BBQ for outstanding KY country food.
          Texas Outlaw BBQ @ 220 Commerce Dr., Elizabethtown, KY 270 - 234 - 8586.
          The Whistle Stop Restaurant @ 216 East Main St., Glendale, KY 270 - 369 - 7969.
          http://www.whistlestoprestaurant.net/
          Tony York's @ 201 East Main Street, Glendale, KY 270 - 369 - 6000. I65/EXIT86.
          Big Bubba Bucks BBQ @ 1802 Main St., Munfordville, KY 270 - 524 - 3333.
          Brickyard Cafe @ 1026 Chestnut St., Bowling Green, KY 270 - 843 - 6431.
          http://www.brickyardcafe.net/
          Jim's BBQ @ 6111 Nashville Rd., Franklin, KY. 270 - 586 - 9851.
          First good country food in Nashville is at Exit 204 before you get to downtown Nashville on I 40. Get off and go right on Robertson Ave. then take your first left on Charlotte Ave. go past the shopping center on your left and take a left on 53rd Ave. N and Wendell Smith's is on your left open for breakfast, lunch and dinner serving good soul and country food. There's a Best Western, Days Inn, Comfort and Baymont back at Robertson where you get back on I 40 if you want to stay there. If you stay in this area you can go back to Wendell Smith's for breakfast.

Wendell Smith's @ 407 53rd Ave. North, Nashville, TN 615 - 383 - 7114.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com