National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ/D.C. Area

Author
joerogo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4531
2011/04/02 18:35:14 (permalink)

National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ/D.C. Area

First time at The National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C.  It is really a beautiful site to see.  Hopefully Mother Nature will take the hint and let Spring begin.

Before I left home, my daughter who lives in Arlington called and told me to try a new route through Gettysburg, scenic and less traffic.  So I map out the route....it takes me right through Emmitsburg, MD, and right past Chubby's BBQ.  Here's the problem, it's Friday, it's Lent and my wife and I are trying to be good Catholics.  But I can't just drive by, I've been wanting to try Chubby's and meet Tom for years.

I checked out Chubby's website enough to recognize the place, no problem.  Right on the corner of Route 15 and Old Frederick Road.  But in reality, the smell of Q would have led me right to the door

As soon as I walk in I am greeted by Tom.  I introduced myself and it was like we were old friends.  I explained my eating dilemma to Tom, so he took me in the back to show me what I was missing

Thanks again Tom

My wife had a very good Caesar Salad.(Menu Description)Caesar Salad These salads are so good, one customer traded his for a new Mercedes! - 6.99

And we split an order of the garlic fries that Tom has been posting about.

These fries were amazing.  I mean, just look at them.

I had a cup(I don't think Tom knows what a cup is)of Cream of Crab Soup.(Menu Description)
Cream Of Crab Soup limit 2 bowls per customer.  this stuff is soooo good, many people cry at the last spoonful.Bowl - 7.25  cup - 5.75

The extremely tasty serving was huge, and filled with succulent chunks of crab.  Saying there was crab in every spoonful would be an understatement.

I also had a fried catfish sandwich, farm raised of course!  A very good, clean tasting sandwich that I topped with Chubby's "World Class" Volcano Sauce. 

The moist and tasty fish went very well with the spicy sauce.

So, all in all, I didn't do too bad with my meatless meal.  I told Tom that I would do an official RF review when I visited his place, but I am going to wait until I can post about the good stuff.  I will be using this new route for all my future trips.  Less traffic and Chubby's BBQ, what a combo

Here we are going over important RF business

This is what's on Tom's business card:

Believe me, he's all that, and a whole lot more

Serious, one of the nicest people you will ever meet, with a passion for putting out the best product he can.
post edited by joerogo - 2011/06/05 10:51:11

49 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1