Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal

Change Page: < 12345 | Showing page 5 of 5, messages 121 to 126 of 126
TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4482
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal Wed, 06/23/04 6:00 PM (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by TJ Jackson

There are no mom and pop places cheaper than McDonald's in Cincinnati that I know of.

There are mom and pop places, but you can count on (at minimum) a 2 to 3 dollar higher meal cost, often much more.

If there were a mom and pop place that was cheaper, I'd be there all the time....

quote:
Originally posted by marberthenad

How do Skyline Chili, Zip's Cafe and the Proud Rooster compare on price?
Skyline Chili will run you 5+ dollars to sit down and eat a basic lunch.

Zips will run you 7+ dollars, is over-rated, and has only one location on the SE side of town in an area not easily accessible from the highways

Never been to the Proud Rooster, so I can't say -- but it is unlikely I can get out of there for 3 bucks or less

joanie41

• Total Posts: 401
    RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal Wed, 06/23/04 8:36 PM (permalink)
    Oh, what the heck...I'll jump in with my 2 cents about Mickey D's. I've eaten a lot of Goodfood and Roadfood, especially up in New England. Worked at Polly's Pancake Parlor, have eaten at Durgin-Park, and I've eaten at the best crab places here in MD. BUT...I like McD's. And yes, I think their fries rival any I've gotten at a typical roadfood place.

I will agree with the previous posters who said that McD's is a great place for a kid's birthday party. We've had several there over the years, and every kid has a good time. And the parents hang out and gab.

We are blessed with a couple of large McD's play areas around here, and when it's too hot or too cold, we take the kids there for some cheap entertainment. In general, the facilities are clean, although there are exceptions. And, McD's and others of that ilk were amongst the first to go NON-smoking years ago. I noticed that after the fast food places did this, the private roadfood places did it, too. As a non-smoker (except for smoked barbeque ) I welcome this trend!

No, it's not typical Roadfood. But at least it's something we've all tried and about which we can all comment!!

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4482
      RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal Sun, 06/27/04 3:25 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by marberthenad

How do Skyline Chili, Zip's Cafe and the Proud Rooster compare on price?
      I made it to the Proud Rooster yesterday.

2.10 gets you their very small undressed hamburger, a preformed frozen patty on a not so good bun.

The 1.00 dbl cheeseburger from The Golden Arches does indeed outperform this very unappetizing sandwich by a good bit.

I can honestly say that the Proud Rooster doesn't belong on anyone's "best of" list

jm3amdg

• Total Posts: 26
        RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal Sun, 06/27/04 7:47 PM (permalink)
        I personally prefer the King burger at Fatburger or the Animal version of the Double Double at In n Out, but to stray close to the topic, did anyone else see the article in today's Chicago Tribune which revealed that until recently McDonald's had LOST the original recipe for the secret sauce on the Big Mac?
        BTW, can anyone tell me when the Detroit area Fatburger is slated to open? I moved to Michigan from SoCal three years ago, and I'm dyin' for a Fatburger!

carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
          RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal Mon, 03/14/05 7:18 PM (permalink)
          If you cannot get your fill of McD's here's more delectable bits to chew on.

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
            RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal Tue, 03/15/05 3:09 AM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by carlton pierre

If you cannot get your fill of McD's here's more delectable bits to chew on.

For those not smart enough to resurrect a dead and buried thread on their own?

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
              Change Page: < 12345 | Showing page 5 of 5, messages 121 to 126 of 126

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com