The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Nashville visit

Niagara

• Total Posts: 983
Nashville visit Fri, 04/8/11 2:03 PM (permalink)
We're going ot Nashville for a couple of days next month to see the Opry & Les Miserables, staying at the Doubletrww downtown.
Any suggestions for breakfast, lunch & dinner? My Wife wants to try Neeley's for BBQ.

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
    Re:Nashville visit Fri, 04/8/11 5:20 PM (permalink)
    Pancake Palace for breakfast~~~~you will LOVE it!

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9567
      Re:Nashville visit Sat, 04/9/11 4:03 AM (permalink)
      Niagara

We're going ot Nashville for a couple of days next month to see the Opry & Les Miserables, staying at the Doubletrww downtown.
      Any suggestions for breakfast, lunch & dinner? My Wife wants to try Neeley's for BBQ.

Neely's is primarily a Memphis Restaurant with a location in Nashville. Probably not as good as the original in Memphis. Checked their ratings on Tripadvisor and they averaged 3 1/2 stars out of 5 from 36 reviews. Most of the reviews on Urbanspoon were negative.
      There's plenty of other good BBQ in Nashville. Martins BBQ Joint is one that comes to mind. http://www.martinsbbqjoint.com/ Try The "Redneck Taco"

There's been a bunch of recommendations on here. Suggest you use the search function and you'll find plenty of places for all kinds of food. Poverty Pete is our resident expert. You can PM him for suggestions

Foodbme

Re:Nashville visit Sat, 04/9/11 4:28 AM (permalink)
        tiki

Pancake Palace for breakfast~~~~you will LOVE it!

I don't think there's a place in Nashville called Pancake Palace. Are you sure you don't mean Pancake PANTRY? http://www.thepancakepantry.com/
        It's the best breakfast in Nashville and has been reviewed on here several times.
        http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Overview/465/pancake-pantry

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
          Re:Nashville visit Sat, 04/9/11 7:42 AM (permalink)
          Oops--sorry about that--is IS good though!!!

gush

• Total Posts: 38
            Re:Nashville visit Sat, 04/9/11 8:50 AM (permalink)
            Prince's Fried Chicken is the absolute best place! I also liked Loveless for breakfast and its a cool place to go. They have some famous Meat and threes that are worth checking out.

Curbside Grill

• Total Posts: 3916
              Re:Nashville visit Sat, 04/9/11 9:10 AM (permalink)
              Well Pancake Pantry is off alot of locals radar at this point. HD caught them again with a score of 57. yes they gave them a chance to bring it up with a follow up inspection. They passed. Not the first time that this has happened.
              Glad to see someone does more than plan to eat.LOL Blue Bird Cafe is ever popular. Never know who is going to show up.
              http://www.bluebirdcafe.com/

<message edited by Curbside Grill on Sat, 04/9/11 9:11 AM>

Foodbme

Re:Nashville visit Sat, 04/9/11 3:04 PM (permalink)
                Curbside Grill

Well Pancake Pantry is off alot of locals radar at this point. HD caught them again with a score of 57. yes they gave them a chance to bring it up with a follow up inspection. They passed. Not the first time that this has happened.
                Glad to see someone does more than plan to eat.LOL Blue Bird Cafe is ever popular. Never know who is going to show up.
                http://www.bluebirdcafe.com/

"Pardon me miss, are those Blueberries in my pancakes or-----??"
                The Bluebird is a good place for entertainment, never ate there but did put a dent in their beverage supply! 

Vince Macek

• Total Posts: 855
                  Re:Nashville visit Sat, 04/9/11 4:17 PM (permalink)
                  I very much liked Arnold's Country Kitchen on 8th Street (reviewed on this site). Best pork chop I've had in recent memory, terrific sides.

Curbside Grill

• Total Posts: 3916
                    Re:Nashville visit Sun, 04/10/11 8:44 AM (permalink)
                    Foodbme

"Pardon me miss, are those Blueberries in my pancakes or-----??"
                    The Bluebird is a good place for entertainment, never ate there but did put a dent in their beverage supply! 

Now that is funny. And yes I have slooshed when I walked out of the Blue Bird. Catfish sandwich is good.
                    figured this thread would be jammed.
                    After the Hot Chicken Places there is the Eastside Fish, reviewed here. We split the whiting sandwich/dinner.
                    http://www.eastsidefish.com/menu.php
                    Also close to downtown is Great Jamaican food. Jerk chicken,Oxtails,Goat. Right in the farmers market. Been a few times and then flood shut them down. Returned as soon as they reopened. Now I hear that Triple D's has done a thing on them. Great lunch spot
                    http://www.jamaicawaycatering.com/restaurantmenu.html

<message edited by Curbside Grill on Sun, 04/10/11 8:47 AM>

carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
                      Re:Nashville visit Sun, 04/10/11 11:07 AM (permalink)
                      Nashville is one of the best roadfood cities with so many excellent restaurants  and cuisines to find.  Go down Nolensville Pike for an array of ethnic restaurants.

Littleman

• Total Posts: 590
                        Re:Nashville visit Sun, 04/10/11 12:11 PM (permalink)
                        Go to Monell's for good country food.
                        Monell's Dining @ 1235 6th Ave. North, Nashville, TN 615 - 248 - 4747. http://www.monellstn.com/ndininginfo.html

Heartbreaksoup

• Total Posts: 407
                          Re:Nashville visit Sun, 04/10/11 3:43 PM (permalink)
                          My friends in Nashville have been asking me to come to town just to try a place called Mas Tacos that they love.  My favorites are probably Rotiers (reviewed on this site) and the Pied Piper Eatery, but I have to concur with Pancake Pantry being a must-visit destination.  Just get ready for quite a line.

Foodbme

Re:Nashville visit Sun, 04/10/11 7:19 PM (permalink)
                            Heartbreaksoup

My friends in Nashville have been asking me to come to town just to try a place called Mas Tacos that they love.  My favorites are probably Rotiers (reviewed on this site) and the Pied Piper Eatery, but I have to concur with Pancake Pantry being a must-visit destination.  Just get ready for quite a line.

I Second Rotiers for good burgers. They've been written up on here.
                            http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Overview/464/rotiers
                            <message edited by Foodbme on Sun, 04/10/11 7:21 PM>

Foodbme

Re:Nashville visit Sun, 04/10/11 7:26 PM (permalink)
                              Go to the Roadfood home page. Click on Restaurants on the main tool bar. On the dropdown, fill in Nashville TN. you will get reviews on 13 Nashville Restaurants, many mentioned above.

saps

• Total Posts: 1551
                                Re:Nashville visit Sun, 04/10/11 7:52 PM (permalink)
                                Oh, is that how that works?  Thanks Foodbme!

Niagara's been here since 2006.  I think he/she knows how to use the restaurant search.

Foodbme

Re:Nashville visit Sun, 04/10/11 9:24 PM (permalink)
                                  saps

Oh, is that how that works?  Thanks Foodbme!

Niagara's been here since 2006.  I think he/she knows how to use the restaurant search.

Yep. I've been after Stephen Rushmore FOR YEARS to put a "HOW TO" PRIMER on here for newbees and oldbees on how to use the varioius functions on here.

Niagara

• Total Posts: 983
                                    Re:Nashville visit Mon, 04/11/11 2:57 PM (permalink)
                                    Thanks All - I do know how to use the search - just wanted some other ideas that might not be listed there.

MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3705
                                      Re:Nashville visit Mon, 04/25/11 4:23 PM (permalink)
                                      Whenever I am anywhere near Nashville, I have to scratch my hot chicken itch:

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Reviews/4613/princes-hot-chicken-shack

ENJOY!

tmiles

• Total Posts: 1909
                                        Re:Nashville visit Sun, 10/27/13 5:52 PM (permalink)
                                        Foodbme

Niagara

Neely's is primarily a Memphis Restaurant with a location in Nashville. Probably not as good as the original in Memphis. Checked their ratings on Tripadvisor and they averaged 3 1/2 stars out of 5 from 36 reviews. Most of the reviews on Urbanspoon were negative.
                                        There's plenty of other good BBQ in Nashville. Martins BBQ Joint is one that comes to mind. http://www.martinsbbqjoint.com/ Try The "Redneck Taco"

There's been a bunch of recommendations on here. Suggest you use the search function and you'll find plenty of places for all kinds of food. Poverty Pete is our resident expert. You can PM him for suggestions

The redneck taco was mentioned yesterday on a local radio show "It's The Liquor Talking". I think that this is the place that they were talking about. They loved it and sounds good............. A corn pancake (maybe made from cornbread batter?) wrapped around pulled pork and slaw.  Yum

kevincad

• Total Posts: 399
                                          Re:Nashville visit Mon, 10/28/13 11:12 AM (permalink)
                                          tmiles

Foodbme

Niagara

The redneck taco was mentioned yesterday on a local radio show "It's The Liquor Talking". I think that this is the place that they were talking about. They loved it and sounds good............. A corn pancake (maybe made from cornbread batter?) wrapped around pulled pork and slaw.  Yum

In TN, cornbread is typically served looking like a pancake (hoecakes)

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                            • No New Messages
                                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                                            • Read Message
                                            • Post New Thread
                                            • Reply to message
                                            • Post New Poll
                                            • Submit Vote
                                            • Post reward post
                                            • Delete my own posts
                                            • Delete my own threads
                                            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com