The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Key Largo FL Mrs Macks Kitchen

KokomoJoe

• Total Posts: 264
Key Largo FL Mrs Macks Kitchen Fri, 04/8/11 4:46 PM (permalink)
Mrs Macks Kitchen Key Largo Florida...Hubby and I went here for lunch this week (April 6 2011) ! Great food! Great prices and service! We shared a lobster bisque that was very good! Had tiny bits and pieces of lobster in it but no big pieces or chunks. Would have it again! Hubby had the fish relano. He says it was "...excellent." It was grouper baked with cheese and homemade pineapple salsa on top. Had beans and rice underneath! Generous lunch portion! I had the Fish Ruben! VERY good! They do it with sauerkraute (some use coleslaw) which was tastey. Their cottage fries were yummy too! My sandwhich (on light rye) was good sized! But if you want a HUGE Fish Ruben go to Keys Fisheries in Marathon! We had to share that sandwich! Back at Mrs Macks....We shared a slice of Key Lime pie which was very good ! I had the Champagne of the South (Iced Tea!) and hubby had ice water! Bill with tax and tip was...about$25.00. Highly recommend! The website is WWW.mrsmacskitchen.com ENJOY! Happy Eating! KokomoJoe
<message edited by KokomoJoe on Sat, 04/9/11 8:19 AM>

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4466
    Re:Key Largo FL Mrs Macks Kitchen Fri, 04/8/11 5:04 PM (permalink)
    KokomoJoe, Nice report.  Use the link below(No K).

http://www.mrsmacskitchen.com/

MiamiDon

Re:Key Largo FL Mrs Macks Kitchen Sat, 04/9/11 7:13 AM (permalink)
      You're asking where to eat?

KokomoJoe

Re:Key Largo FL Mrs Macks Kitchen Sat, 04/9/11 8:18 AM (permalink)
        sorry about that joerogo! TY for picking that up!
        www.mrsmacskitchen.com   <-------- the correct link!

gush

• Total Posts: 38
          Re:Key Largo FL Mrs Macks Kitchen Sat, 04/9/11 8:52 AM (permalink)
           I did not like the Reuben at the Key Fisheries in Marathon, but want to go to Mrs Mack's Kitchen. I think that the sauerkraut overpowered the pricey sandwich.

KokomoJoe

Re:Key Largo FL Mrs Macks Kitchen Sat, 04/9/11 8:01 PM (permalink)
            gush....You ever been to Peter Pan Diner in Oakland Park (near FtLauderdale)? We LOVE that place!They should have it on TV program Diners Driveins and Dives! Happy Eating ! KokomoJoe

dadetigl

• Total Posts: 116
              Re:Key Largo FL Mrs Macks Kitchen Sat, 04/9/11 9:51 PM (permalink)
              We also just returned from the Keys the 1st week in April...

Had great fried cracked conch (not fritters) in Key Largo at the Fish House just south of Pennekamp State Park.  It's hard to find Fried Conch pounded filets/strips anymore.  Had 2 great meals at Blue Heaven in Key West.  Sausage Benedict for breakfast and the Surf and Turf dinner special.  8 oz. filet w/ demi-glace and sauteed FL lobster tail in citrus beurre blanc sauce.  Best meal of the trip.  I had forgotten how tender Fl tails can be compared to the Maine tails.  Alonzo's was pretty good and on the harbor, but it did not make us want to return like Blue Heaven did.

We also stayed in Florida City on our way to the Keys to visit the Everglades.  Not much to eat there but we had a nice meal at the Captain's Restaurant and Fish Market.  Had the twin FL lobster tail special for $26.  Nothing fancy but quite good. 
              Also had conch fritters at Alabama Jacks.  They were OK but we enjoyed being on the water and the beers more.

We stayed at the Pier House at 0 or1 Duval St. in Key West.  This is great for a 1st time visit to see Mallory Square and the craziness of upper Duval bars.  Next time we will stay in a place more in the middle/south end of Duval.  It's a long walk to things from the top end but fun. Mallory Square at sunset is a MUST do. It is amazing when cruise ships dock in Key West and dump a couple of thousand people on Duval St. for an afternoon.  Then they load them back up and are gone by sunset.

Sorry for the off topic.  We did stay in Key Largo at the Largo Lodge.  Old but nice on the bay side.  We also took a glass bottom boat ride from the Pennekamp State Park.  Best thing you can do if you don't want to go snorkeling or diving and just want to get out on the water.

gush

Re:Key Largo FL Mrs Macks Kitchen Mon, 04/11/11 3:54 PM (permalink)
                Yes, it's right near my house. I haven't eaten there in a while, but I used love their twin cheeseburger platter after a night of liquor and exercise. What should I order?

KokomoJoe

gush....You ever been to Peter Pan Diner in Oakland Park (near FtLauderdale)? We LOVE that place!They should have it on TV program Diners Driveins and Dives! Happy Eating ! KokomoJoe

gush

Re:Key Largo FL Mrs Macks Kitchen Mon, 04/11/11 3:56 PM (permalink)
                   Blue Heaven is one of my favorite places on the planet, even though the prices have been jacked up. I agree with Alabama Jack's. It doesn't have great food, but the locale is great!

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3666
                    Re:Key Largo FL Mrs Macks Kitchen Mon, 04/11/11 4:10 PM (permalink)
                    Have not been to Blue Heaven in a few years but always had outstanding food there.  The ambiance is beyound compare.  I can remember eating there one New Years eve when they had a  great menu  .........started out with cavier and  vodka  (Yes.......Blue Heaven!) and we carried on from there.  The highlight of the evening is when my plastic chair got caught between two bricks and my chair tipped over  with me in it, holding on to a 2 year old granddaughter.  The parents screamed in  horror,  grabbed the kid and left me there on the ground!  A great and fun memory.  
                    <message edited by Greymo on Mon, 04/11/11 4:54 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                      • No New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                      • Read Message
                      • Post New Thread
                      • Reply to message
                      • Post New Poll
                      • Submit Vote
                      • Post reward post
                      • Delete my own posts
                      • Delete my own threads
                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com