The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

The Gourmet Sandwich Shop

pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2249
The Gourmet Sandwich Shop Sat, 04/16/11 8:32 AM (permalink)
Going back about 20 to 25 years ago, the Gourmet Sandwich shop was the in thing. I wouldn't  compare it to a Deli, because the Deli was more like Carved Pastrami, Corned beef, quality meats and cheeses and not so much of the vegetable toppings. The Gourmet Sandwich Shop was more into sliced meats, maybe "Boar's head" selection of bread and cheese and an array of vegetable topping such as, Alf sprouts, Avocado, tomato, lettuce, spinach, onion,  cucumber slices,and so on. I would see these places all over town, In fact I opened a restaurant in Hawaii with this kind of menu and I made menus in a few places in Washington State using this concept. My question is, in this day and age when everything is leaning towards fresh this and that, why is everyone eating Subway and not the great breads, cold cuts, cheeses and vegetable topping  that were offered in the sandwich shop ???? I am missing a few of my favorite topping on this sandwich, but all in all, this is the way I make my sandwiches at home. I have to start buying more topping, they give a good crunch to the sandwich. This sandwich is also low in calories and good for you. Do you still see the Gourmet Sandwich Shops in your Town ????????????................
This is a Tuna salad sandwich on wheat........

I asked my wife why don't we have deviled eggs more often, she agreed..

On white, but still good.......

I put the Mushrooms on the sandwich in honor of my good friend Michael Hoffman...
<message edited by PNWCHEF on Sat, 04/16/11 8:42 AM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com