The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Memphis Best BBQ in Buckeye AZ

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9534
Memphis Best BBQ in Buckeye AZ Sun, 04/17/11 2:46 AM (permalink)
I believe JRPfeff posted something about this place earlier but I couldn't find it so I'm adding a new post.
This place has the best BBQ I've ever eaten!
We journeyed to Buckeye to watch our Granddaughter compete in a Volleyball tournament. I remember JRPfeff's description of the place so it was definitely on our "must try" list.
Buckeye AZ is about 35 miles West of Phoenix, just a few miles south of I-10 on Monroe AV aka Maricopa County Route 85.  It's a small farming community with a very quaint downtown. The amazing story about how this Memphis born & raised gentleman wound up in Buckeye is highlighted in the History section of his web site. Be sure to read it. It's a story about a man and his passion and his journey from Memphis, through the Marine Corps and his landing in Buckeye.
Believe me, his passion is reflected in his Ribs, Pulled Pork & Beef, Smoked Links and Side Dishes. I had a combo plate- Ribs & Links, Coleslaw and BBQ beans. The ribs were beautifully smoked, meaty, tender and slid right off the bone. The Links were also nicely smoked and tasty. The meats were served slathered in a fantastic BBQ Sauce. A sweet sauce with a little tang and zip to it. The next time we go, I'll ask for the sauce on the side only because I prefer my ribs dry. The slaw was a mustard based slaw, the Beans were cooked with the BBQ sauce and very tender and both were good. My Bride had a Pulled Beef Sandwich. It was loaded with very tasty beef and sauce. She ate it with a fork and couldn't finish it so I had to help her out. It was lean, moist and perfectly smoked.
His restaurant is small, clean and friendly. Seats about 25 people plus there's outdoor seating as well. He and his helper joked around with us and we had a good time. The Wall is adorned with pictures from his outstanding career in the Marines. I'm not sure but I think he was a Gunny Sgt.
It's a 110 mile roundtrip from my house in the East Valley, (Gilbert, AZ), to his place, but I'll gladly make the trip until I can convince him to open a place on the East side of the Valley. It's the Best BBQ I've eaten anywhere.
If you use Interstate 10 West, you can get there from Downtown Phoenix in about 30 minutes or less in non-rush hour traffic. If you're traveling from PHX to LA,CA or vice versa, It's worth the stop.
http://www.bestbbqofmemphis.com/news.php
The smile you see in the picture is just how he is!
<message edited by Foodbme on Sun, 04/17/11 2:49 AM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com