Great Breakfast in Columbus, OH

Author
hatteras04
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1106
2011/04/27 11:48:29 (permalink)

Great Breakfast in Columbus, OH

Wow is about all I can say right now.  I just stopped into the Creole Kitchen on the near east side of downtown and got one of the best breakfasts I've had in Columbus since moving here in 1994.  I had the Creole eggs benedict with home fries.  It was carry out only, crowded and took about 10 or 15 minutes but it was well worth the time.  You can see the open kitchen and after my order was in I watched one of the guys back there place a large stainless steel bowl on a burner and spend the next 10 minutes making my hollendaise sauce fresh.  There was no mix.  I watched him stream in butter and whisk and then go into the cooler and get a fresh lemon to finish it.  The rest was just the standard biscuit, ham and two perfectly poached eggs along with the home fries heaped into a styrofoam container.  I barely finished it and everything was exactly as I liked it.  The hollendaise was one of the best I've ever had.  Oh and the cost of this breakfast was $5.  Here is the website http://www.creolekitchen.biz/

I think I will be back to try Po Boys and entrees next.  I've never thought that we had any place that would be that interesting on a show like Diners Drive Inns and Dives but this one could be it. 
post edited by hatteras04 - 2011/04/27 13:58:01

9 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1