Easter 2011

Author
Davwud
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 528
2011/04/28 20:34:25 (permalink)

Easter 2011

Howdy Food Fans

So as an aside to my Easter in Huntsville thread I'll offer up the journey to and fro in food.

First off was a stop at Lafayette Coney Island in Detroit.
"
There's been a lot of buzz about whether they or American Coney Island next door are the best. So a food challenge was in order.
Anywhere they cook in the front window is good from my experience.

Honestly I couldn't tell the difference in the two dogs and since the two places were started by brothers it's probably not surprise.

Dinner was a stop at Blue Ash Chili for my Cinci Chili fix.

I had the city's only 6 way but thought it a bit busy. I preferred a 3 way like Mrs. Sippi had.

The next day was a visit to a local legend in London, Ky. Weaver's Hotdogs is a go to place in the S/E Ky area.

Their chili dogs (and all the other food we had) were great but in S/E Ky the chili bun is the specialty.

A Coney sans dog. A very tight, tasty chili that had incredible balance. We ended up having chili dogs 4 times and all were different enough to not really be comparable. It was great.

For dinner the second night was a retrun visit to the Dixie Freeze in S. Pittsburg, Tn.

They do meat n 3 along with drive in food.

I opted for the meatloaf special. Fantastic.

The trip home started with lunch in Murfreesboro at Kleer-Vu Lunchroom.

The cafeteria style local legend served up incredible country ham and the best fried chicken I've ever had.

That night was made our standard top at Skyline Chili in N. Dayton, Oh. (not shown)

The next day lunch and last meal on the road was the least good of the lot. Woody's Diner in Wapakoneta, Oh is a solid step up from the chains you drive by in town. Well worth passing by BK and the like.

They had a pretty good lunch buffet that included pizza.

The pizza little better in quality than Costco pizza. So all in all, pretty good.

Well that's all for now folks. I'll add links to my blog for more in depth review for those who care to endulge.

DT
post edited by Davwud - 2011/04/28 20:35:33

12 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1