Branzino

Author
joerogo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4524
2011/04/29 15:58:35 (permalink)

Branzino

I had dinner at a nice Italian Restaurant in good ole Pittston last night.  Palazzo 53 is only open a couple of months, but Chef/Owner Chris Barcia is well known in the area.

Last nights special was something I never heard of, Branzino.  When I asked, "what's branzino?", everyone looked at me like I was from another planet.  Honestly, I never heard of this fish before.

The special called for the whole fish to be deep fried, but we requested broiled/roasted.  The final product was complimented with roasted lemons, limes, calamari and clams.  All this resting in the natural juice from the fish, lemons and limes.  This fish was incredibly good.  Mild, but extremely tasty.  Only complaint, lots of bones.  But it was worth it.

This is what Google gave me......

"A silver-skinned fish found in European sea and saltwater lakes, branzino goes by many names, including European sea bass,spigolaloup de merróbalo, and lubina.
The fish, which ranges in size from one and a half to three pounds, has a firm, white, delicate-flavored flesh and few small bones. It's a prized fish in Italian, Spanish, and Greek cuisines, and is often prepared grilled, baked, poached, steamed, or braised whole."

I should have asked where the fish came from, next time.

3 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1