The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Time to butcher

Hot Dog Empire

• Total Posts: 175
Time to butcher Sun, 05/1/11 1:51 PM (permalink)
I will have a 2 turkeys to butcher next week, before they are too big to get in the oven. 1 for the table and one for the freezer. I know its an odd time of year to harvest but, these were raised over the winter from some incubated eggs a friend gave me. A lot of work and my next batch will only be in warmer weather. I currently raise meat chickens, so it wasn't a really big endeavor, but more than I was anticipating for sure.

I almost never cook it with the stuffing in it, but im willing to try something new if someone has something new to try. The last one I baked was put in the pan upside down and apple juice was used to baste it. Upside down because as it bakes, the juices keep dripping down on the breast meat, not just into the pan.

These will be approx 35-38lbs dressed out - so whatever is suggested, that cooking time needs to be considered. I have searched the recipe forums for idea's but didnt really see anything different. I was just wondering if someone was holding onto a recipe they haven't posted here.
<message edited by Hot Dog Empire on Sun, 05/1/11 1:53 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com