The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

You can judge the 2011 American Royal BBQ Contest

Sfreader

• Total Posts: 503
You can judge the 2011 American Royal BBQ Contest Tue, 05/17/11 4:09 PM (permalink)
"Due to the size of our competition and our needs for judges, we will accept judges that are not certified under KCBS. If you wish to judge our competition you may fill out an application. A $15 donation is required for each non-certified judge."

http://www.americanroyal..m/Default.aspx?tabid=370

Benzee

• Total Posts: 1872
    Re:You can judge the 2011 American Royal BBQ Contest Tue, 05/17/11 10:10 PM (permalink)
    hi there ,

Cannot find out anywhere on the site where this is located .
    I may be an interested party as far as the judging if we are not talking to far from the East Coast

Benzee

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
      Re:You can judge the 2011 American Royal BBQ Contest Tue, 05/17/11 10:46 PM (permalink)
      Benzee, if you click on "Facilities" under "The Royal" on the website, you get a map of the grounds and the statement, "Located in the historic River Bottoms District just 3-5 minutes from downtown Kansas City, is the 14-acre American Royal Complex."

Sfreader

• Total Posts: 503
        Re:You can judge the 2011 American Royal BBQ Contest Wed, 05/18/11 8:51 AM (permalink)
        Sorry, the American Royal BBQ Contest is arguably the premier BBQ contest in the US. The Royal itself began in Kansas City in 1899. The first American Royal Barbecue was held in 1980.

Sundancer7

Re:You can judge the 2011 American Royal BBQ Contest Wed, 05/18/11 10:52 AM (permalink)
          Sfreader

"Due to the size of our competition and our needs for judges, we will accept judges that are not certified under KCBS. If you wish to judge our competition you may fill out an application. A $15 donation is required for each non-certified judge."

http://www.americanroyal..m/Default.aspx?tabid=370

I wish I was in position to judge great BBQ but I am not.  I have visited many great BBQ places in Texas, TN, NC and Kansas.  I sorta liked them all.  I am afraid that I would be a negative in judgement although NC BBQ with the vinegar sauce is not my favorite.

Paul E. Smith
          Knoxville, TN

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com