Half Sour Pickles

Author
DawnT
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1286
2011/05/22 01:10:47 (permalink)

Half Sour Pickles

The earlier thread on Polish pickle soup started me thinking about my Grandmother's dill pickles that she made in a crock and then refrigerated. My grandfather would have one or more with every meal. They tasted quite similar to the ones that were always served in the buckets at any Jewish Deli. So much so, that was the taste that I equated with real dill pickles and not the puckery sour dill pickles you bought in a store. It's a taste that around here is sadly becoming a taste of the past with the demise of the real delis. They may be an aquired taste that you grew up with. My two wouldn't eat them when we went to a deli. Neither like regular dills either, but these they found be absolutely hideous. I've still been able to find them under the Ba Tempte brand, but it's a hit and miss with most of the time they are mushy.

Does anyone else make these anymore? I think I need to start rummaging around in my parent's old place to see if the crock and top stone are still around. Ahh the memories of the scum!

7 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1