Best way to keep dogs hot

Author
BiteOne
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
Flagged as Spam (1)
2011/05/22 18:28:17 (permalink)

Best way to keep dogs hot

Been lurking a while but joined to ask a question an get some much needed answers. You folks seem to have great advice. I opened a hot dog restaurant a month ago and it's going very well. However, it's a learning process and I am learning a LOT! But I am concerned about the process of heating my hot dogs. First we thought we'd get a roller, but space is an issue and my business partner thinks the crock pot is fine. Let me back up.....We heated them in the microwave, then put them in water in the crock pot. If a few were left at the end of the day they were used again the next day, but we quickly realized the water was not a good idea - the franks (Nathan's) lost all color and flavor. So we decided to line the crock with foil and let them steam in their owns juices. The problem is the ends get dried and overcooked. My partner wants to microwave on HIGH to get them heated - but she doesn't realize she is cooking them - not heating - and they are getting overcooked on the ends. Which brings me back to the roller. I want to get one, so my questions are a follows: How long does it take to heat up the rollers? How long for a hot dog to be heated --from the refrigerator to ready for the bun? Can  the hot dog get dried out on the rollers? Since we sell nothing but hot dogs, we can sell 200 on a good day - can the hot dog roller keep up? Thanks :)

14 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1