The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper

ces1948

• Total Posts: 1499
Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Sun, 05/29/11 5:37 PM (permalink)
Found this on sale the other day and according to the jar label it's "new". Very tasty with a bite from the cracked pepper. I've had it only on a bologna sandwich so far. Don't know what I'm going to use the whole jar with. Maybe try it with tuna or chicken . Wish they made these new flavors in sample sizes so we could try out a small amount.

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6093
    Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Sun, 05/29/11 6:00 PM (permalink)
    Mix in some of it with Starkist Salmon in a pouch!

felix4067

• Total Posts: 3296
      Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Sun, 05/29/11 6:43 PM (permalink)
      I saw a commercial for it last night, and while the only mayo I eat now is Kraft olive oil, I just can't see the addition of pepper being something that would do me any good. I have a pepper grinder, and I know how to use it.

The Kraft ranch dressing with cracked black pepper, however, I use almost every time I need ranch for a marinade.

Yes, I am aware of my idiosyncrasies.

ces1948

Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Sun, 05/29/11 7:26 PM (permalink)
        I paid $2.50 for a 30 ounce jar. Most of the Kraft mayo in that size range was about $5. I was a little surprised by the bite of the pepper but it wasn't a bad thing.

mar52

• Total Posts: 7599
          Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Sun, 05/29/11 9:06 PM (permalink)
          I like virgin mayonnaise.

Let me make my own additions.

DawnT

• Total Posts: 1286
            Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Sun, 05/29/11 9:59 PM (permalink)
            I'm unlcear if this is another new product or an existing one that has cracked pepper already added. We've had the Olive Oil Mayo as well as the Mayonnaise with lime juice on the shelves for years in the same packaging as the regular mayo or Miracle Whip. Is this a new 30 oz product or one of those squeeze bottle condiments ?

felix4067

Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Sun, 05/29/11 10:07 PM (permalink)
              It's technically a new product, but really all it is, is the olive oil mayonnaise they already make with the addition of cracked black pepper. It comes in the same 30oz. jar their regular olive oil mayo does.

http://www.hannaford.com/product/Grocery/Condiments-Oils-Salad-Dressings/Mayonnaise/Kraft-Reduced-Fat-Mayo-With-Olive-Oil-Cracked-Pepper/pc/28272/c/46449/sc/46459/868257.uts#

DawnT

• Total Posts: 1286
                Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Sun, 05/29/11 10:23 PM (permalink)
                Interesting. I haven't noticed if it's on the shelves here or if it's a regional thing. Apparently the Mayonnaise with lime juice that we have here is not available everywhere either.

ces1948

Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Sun, 05/29/11 11:00 PM (permalink)
                  DawnT

Interesting. I haven't noticed if it's on the shelves here or if it's a regional thing. Apparently the Mayonnaise with lime juice that we have here is not available everywhere either.

Dawn, I live in Port St Lucie, probably about a 100 miles north of you. I bought it at super wallyworld.

nall

• Total Posts: 1
                    Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Sun, 08/14/11 1:26 AM (permalink)
                    I do not like mayo.  I only use it for potato, egg and tuna salad.  but  I found the cracked pepper so tasty, i may start using it on sandwiches (which I would have never done before).   And Felix... good luck with your own cracked pepper, you ninny.  This mayo has it INFUSED so it is in the entire mayo that has the flavor, not some crap on top (it is fantastic!).  Big difference there.  Bottom line... I love this may so much that  took the time to sign up here and say so.  5 stars, no question! *****

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9552
                      Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Sun, 08/14/11 3:13 AM (permalink)
                      Putting olive oil in Mayo sounds like greasy overkill to me

felix4067

Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Sun, 08/14/11 10:40 AM (permalink)
                        Well, nall...your one and only post here probably shouldn't be calling someone names, but you're more than welcome to your opinion. You can also bite me.

felix4067

Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Sun, 08/14/11 10:41 AM (permalink)
                          Foodbme

It's made with olive oil instead of vegetable oil, they don't add extra oil to it.

MilwFoodlovers

• Total Posts: 3090
                            Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Sun, 08/14/11 11:03 AM (permalink)
                            Alton Brown has us doing:
                            1 egg yolk* 1/2 teaspoon fine salt 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard 2 pinches sugar 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar 1 cup oil, safflower or corn  
                            so it's mostly "grease" to begin with. We are Hellman's mostly in our house but like you, the price was such that we tried it and I'd certainly buy it again unlike the other Kraft products.

bartl

• Total Posts: 1208
                              Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Sun, 08/14/11 12:13 PM (permalink)
                              I haven't tried it yet, but there are a bunch of videos on Youtube on making mayonnaise with a stick blender. I figure that if you do it in a deli quart container (you can buy them cheap at restaurant supply stores and many Chinese take-out places), then all you have to clean is the stick blender, which is really easy to do. And you don't have to worry about dribbling the oil slowly in the container (the first time I made homemade mayo, I missed that little detail, and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't emulsify).

Here's the first video I found:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz0fLT_k3_U

Bart

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6093
                                Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Sun, 08/14/11 1:00 PM (permalink)
                                nall

I do not like mayo.  I only use it for potato, egg and tuna salad.  but  I found the cracked pepper so tasty, i may start using it on sandwiches (which I would have never done before).   And Felix... good luck with your own cracked pepper, you ninny.  This mayo has it INFUSED so it is in the entire mayo that has the flavor, not some crap on top (it is fantastic!).  Big difference there.  Bottom line... I love this may so much that  took the time to sign up here and say so.  5 stars, no question! *****

Don't let the door hit you in the azz on your way out.

mar52

Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Sun, 08/14/11 1:16 PM (permalink)
                                  Banding up with Chewy's gang.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                                    Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Sun, 08/14/11 5:07 PM (permalink)
                                    Yeah-this one I agree with Chewy.... And Lord knows we disagree sometimes!!!

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9552
                                      Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Sun, 08/14/11 5:42 PM (permalink)
                                      felix4067

Foodbme

It's made with olive oil instead of vegetable oil, they don't add extra oil to it.

OH----OK. Makes sense now.

ces1948

Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Sun, 08/14/11 6:55 PM (permalink)
                                        We finished it off about two weeks ago and now I can't find more. It's very good on sandwiches but to me it's a little too powerful to substitute for all the mayo in Tuna or macaroni salad. I would use no more than 1/2 of this plus the regular mayo in those dishes.

SUZYQICU

• Total Posts: 28
                                          Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Sun, 08/14/11 10:00 PM (permalink)
                                          Ninny is name calling?  Brother, talk about thin skinned.

felix4067

Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Sun, 08/14/11 11:10 PM (permalink)
                                            Well, yes, actually...it is. I'm certain it wasn't meant in a positive manner.

Thin skinned? Nope. Just take exception to a brand new member of the site dragging up a months-old thread only to resort to childish name-calling. Trust me, I've been called worse by better.

ann peeples

Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Mon, 08/15/11 6:56 AM (permalink)
                                              Frankly- I thought "ninny" was pretty funny. I wouldnt take offense, felix.

felix4067

• Location: Near Grand Rapids, MI
                                                Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Mon, 08/15/11 7:02 AM (permalink)
                                                Had it not been a new member who signed up purely to post in a thread from three months ago, I might not have. As it is, it reeks of troll to me. It's more that than the word "ninny". Especially when my post was singled out and mocked for no apparent reason. I was mostly joking in my original post, so it really wasn't called for at all.

(Edit because it's way too early in  the morning and I can't spell yet.)
                                                <message edited by felix4067 on Mon, 08/15/11 7:06 AM>

mar52

• Location: Marina del Rey, CA
                                                  Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Mon, 08/15/11 12:13 PM (permalink)

Had it not been a new member who signed up purely to post in a thread from three months ago, I might not have

Almost as bad as an old member using a second ID to make attacks.

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                                                    • Location: Live at Saint Clair
                                                    • Roadfood Insider
                                                    Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Tue, 08/16/11 4:40 PM (permalink)
                                                    Surely no one would stink... er I mean sink to that level.

Sundancer7

Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Tue, 08/16/11 4:57 PM (permalink)
                                                      Actually I do not know who this poster is but his word of "ninny" was insulting and I will email him and demand that insulting another poster is not allowed.

simpleton, simple - a person lacking intelligence or common sense. Translations. ninny [ˈnɪnɪ] N → bobo/a m/f. ninny. n (inf) → Dussel m (inf) ...

Please do not continue this as I as a moderator will take care of it from this end.

Paul E. Smith
                                                      Knoxville, TN

SUZYQICU

• Total Posts: 28
                                                        Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Tue, 08/16/11 10:30 PM (permalink)
                                                        I sure hope felix4067 feels better now.  I was worried.

ann peeples

• Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
                                                          Re:Kraft mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper Wed, 08/17/11 3:34 AM (permalink)
                                                          Just to clarify-I respect all of felix4067 posts. I found the word ninny to be odd( as in "funny") because I hadnt heard that in years. Just didnt want my roadfood friend to be insulted by someone who is unknown to us. That being said, Paul will address the situation.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                            • No New Messages
                                                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                            • Read Message
                                                            • Post New Thread
                                                            • Reply to message
                                                            • Post New Poll
                                                            • Submit Vote
                                                            • Post reward post
                                                            • Delete my own posts
                                                            • Delete my own threads
                                                            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com