Cranberry Creek, Madison WI

Author
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5207
2011/06/16 22:03:31 (permalink)

Cranberry Creek, Madison WI

Last Saturday my wife and I had breakfast at Cranberry Creek on Lake Point Drive in Madison.  It's been around for awhile and the food there is pretty good, although this was the first time we'd been there for breakfast (weekends only, just lunch and dinner during the week).

It's a nice place with a good-sized but not overwhelming menu, and while orders are placed at the counter and drinks are self-serve it doesn't have any kind of a fast food feel to it.

A recent addition to the breakfast menu is a breakfast sandwich made with wheat toast, eggs, ham, hash brown casserole, hollandaise sauce, and a "secret sauce" blend (the reddish stuff to the right) that's sold for $4.59.

Kathy stuck with a basic eggs-bacon-toast breakfast but I ordered the sandwich and am glad I did.  It was really good and while I couldn't completely pinpoint the flavors of the secret sauce I think it might contain tomato and citrus, and its fresh, slightly fruity taste balanced the richness of the hollandaise sauce very well.  I couldn't taste anything other than potatoes and a little onion in the casserole but it helped form a nice base and rounded out the sandwich, which despite its name really should be eaten with utensils.  Way better than a fast food breakfast sandwich and for the price I thought it was a good deal.

Cranberry Creek might not have that signature item or 2 like some places but overall it's a nice cafe that serves good food with a good attitude, and it's survived in an area that could be described as middle class at best so it must be doing something right.

Brad

2 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1