Edgewater Inn (Indianford WI)

Author
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5158
2011/06/18 17:14:10 (permalink)

Edgewater Inn (Indianford WI)

The Edgewater Inn is a breakfast/lunch place that's open from 6am to 2pm Monday through Saturday, but on Fridays the owner reopens from 4pm to 8pm for fish fry.

Why does it have the name?  My guess is because it's on the eastern bank of the Rock River...drive up or boat up!  

It's not a very big place.

We sat in the front corner booth; there are 2 other booths out of the shot to the left.

The rolls are store-bought but it was interesting that they were baked together, not separately.  The light one was a rye with caraway seeds and the darker one was a little sweeter, like pumpernickel maybe?

The fish choices are perch, catfish, cod, and bluegill, all hand-dipped in homemade batter.  I ordered the 3-piece perch dinner and chose hash browns, which I'm pretty sure are homemade.

The batter was nice and crisp without being too thick and the perch was flaky and mild.  I chose to add a little salt.

Kathy chose catfish and french fries, which I think might be the frozen variety.  Like the perch it was very good, although I'm pretty sure it wasn't fresh-caught from the river.

Dessert choices included homemade pie, either blueberry or cherry.  I won't touch the stuff but Kathy chose the cherry and pronounced it very good.

I think we'll definitely go back to try the bluegill and maybe some Saturday for breakfast or lunch.  It's a small operation and I think we might've been the only people in there who the owner didn't greet by name; in fact, she asked us where we were from.  Uh, about 15 minutes away...

Brad

4 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1