The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Speaking of New Mexico and The Ranch Kitchen...

mar52

• Total Posts: 7599
Speaking of New Mexico and The Ranch Kitchen... Sun, 06/19/11 11:05 AM (permalink)
Speaking of the Ranch Kitchen in Gallup, NM…

I was there a few days ago.

I hadn’t seen any discussion on Gallup other than it was a place to stop and gas up so I reached out to Yelp and found it.

We stayed just a little ways down the street from it and obviously hit it before the dinner crowd arrived:

Although looking at those green enchiladas I was worried that cilantro was a major factor in its greenness so I ordered the stuffed sopapillas, something I’d never had before.

While waiting for our food to arrive our waitress brought us a bowl of garlic bread and salsa.  I was shocked when I took that first bite.  I should have realized that salsa does not go with bread.  After my first taste I decided that marinara is not a good choice, either.

The sopapilla wasn’t like those I’ve had before….. little puffy squares of delight that I could break open and fill with honey.

No, these were large doughish rectangles… two of them with the stuffing between them, covered with melted cheese.

The stuffing consisted of ground beef, diced tomatoes, onions lettuce, boiled pinto beans and those wonderful Hatch Chilies.

The menu at The Ranch Kitchen offers something for everyone…  Italian, BBQ, steaks, burgers, sandwiches, salads and the area appropriate New Mexican cuisine.

I highly recommend it and hope that it’s added to the must visits on Roadfood.

Sorry for the large pictures.  I'm not on my regular computer with the paint programs.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com