The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

High Plains Drifters

buffetbuster

High Plains Drifters Thu, 06/23/11 11:29 AM (permalink)
Last week, Cousin Johnny (The Man With No ScreenName) and I, spent some time driving through Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, the Dakotas and Nebraska.

A quick note:  I bought a new camera just two days before this vacation started.  While some of the scenery photos turned out well, my food photos are far from my best.  If I had it to do over again, I would have bought it earlier and practiced.  Sorry!

Friday June 10, 2011

We met during our connections at Chicago's Midway Airport and flew together to Denver.  Landing around 10:00pm, by the time we grabbed the luggage, picked up our car and drove to the hotel near the airport, it was already 11:30.  This left us very few options for a late dinner.  Next to our hotel, was an interesting looking restaurant called Moonlight Diner, but it closed at 10:00pm.  Don't you think with a name like that, it would be open late?  Oh well, hungry, with few choices, we ended up at one of those soulless chains.  Truthfully, I couldn't even tell you which one it was or even what we ate, since I didn't bother taking my camera inside.  But, the people were nice and it was open, so it served it's purpose.

I promise much better food coming soon.

So has anyone been to Moonlight Diner?
<message edited by buffetbuster on Thu, 06/23/11 11:31 AM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com