West Coast Roadtrip

Author
Ralph Melton
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 876
2011/06/27 17:01:56 (permalink)

West Coast Roadtrip

For this year's vacation, we're flying to Seattle, renting a car, and moseying our way down through Oregon and California until we fly back from LA three weeks later.
Much of this is already determined:
We're visiting friends in Seattle, heading down to Portland, heading to San Francisco, then heading down the California coast to LA. But there are still points where I'd like to ask advice:

-  I would welcome advice on a route through Oregon and Northern California. (We want to drive from Portland to San Francisco in 2-3 days.) Most of the Roadfood-listed restaurants in Oregon are near the coast, and that would fit nicely with a visit to the Coastal Redwoods in Northern California. On the other hand, driving down I-5 would give us a chance to stop at Crater Lake, which my father has recommended, and we could see Mount Shasta. And I'm sure that there are many splendid possibilities of which I'm not aware. What would y'all recommend for a combination of great tourism and great food?

- Is there a particularly splendid place I should go for Santa Maria barbecue? I'm currently planning on going to the Hitching Post, but if there's some place even more splendid, I'd love to know.

- In Seattle, we'll be bringing takeout food for lunch with friends with infants. I'm certainly going to take their expressed wishes into account, but I'm not sure that they'll find time and focus to suggest a place. What would be great Roadfood takeout in Seattle?

I'm also happy to hear Roadfood raves in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, LA, San Diego - but I feel very capable of finding good options there through the website and the forums, so the need is not as critical.

Many thanks!

36 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1