Bert's Wooden Indian

Author
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18665
2011/06/27 17:36:44 (permalink)

Bert's Wooden Indian

If you're ever in the Beaver, Pennsylvania area I recommend a visit to Bert's Wooden Indian for a barbeque sandwich that has nothing to do with barbeque. It's the ham barbeque sandwich at Bert's Wooden Indian. The ham is absolutely delicious, served sliced thin and piled high on a great bun. You can get barbque sauce with it, and they'll put other stuff on your sandwich, but it was fantastic even without anything other than the ham. The fries were fine, for fries, and they had malt vinegar for the asking (I asked).

On my next visit I had the pork barbeque sandwich. Same bun, but the pork roast, thinly sliced, was just ordinary. My companion that day was leechef, who made sure we went there, as she's been eating there since she was in junior high school. The first time she had the ham barbeque sandwich, too. On our second visit leechef had their cream of broccoli soup, which she lauded as excellent. It was broccoli, so I abstained. George H.W. Bush set me free from Broccoli. I did order a small portion of onion rings with my pork, but I was disappointed. They were heavily ovrcooked, and some of the rings even had burned spots on them.

Still the place is great, and I'd really like to get back again to sample the rest of the menu. The atmosphere is that of a country club grill with wooden paneling, wooden booths and prints of riding to hounds on the walls. All in all, a very nice place well worth a visit.

I forgot to include: http://www.bertswoodenindian.com/
post edited by Michael Hoffman - 2011/06/27 17:48:24

7 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1