The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

East Tennessee Minor League Baseball Trip

Lizzieslulu

• Total Posts: 61
East Tennessee Minor League Baseball Trip Thu, 06/30/11 11:22 AM (permalink)
We are planning a trip the 2nd week in July to the East Tennessee Tri-Cities area for some minor league base ball. We plan to hit Ridgewood for BBQ but would like to know about some other types of food in that area besides BBQ. We will be in the area for about 9 days, traveling around but our hotel is in Johnson City.
Thanks for your help!

ces1948

• Total Posts: 1499
    Re:East Tennessee Minor League Baseball Trip Thu, 06/30/11 5:51 PM (permalink)
    I'll be interested to see the responses to this. We left the Tri-Cities over 2 years ago and of course things come and go. Cootie Browns in Johnson City is rather eclectic and is deserving of a lunch, dinner or snack. I've been to Ridgewood a few times and unfortunately don't share the great enthusiasm of many on this list. For BBQ I preferred Broad St BBQ in Kingsport, 12 bones in Kingsport and another place between JC and Kingsport that the name escapes me at the moment. Having said that I think you should try Ridgewood, it's a great roadfood icon and is in a beautiful spot with a scenic drive to get there. I don't think you'll get a bad meal there by any means so enjoy.  I'll be looking forward to seeing the replies.

Littleman

• Total Posts: 590
      Re:East Tennessee Minor League Baseball Trip Sun, 07/3/11 2:19 PM (permalink)
      Phil's Dream Pit BBQ is excellent at Exit 67AB near Kingsport, TN go E on I 26 just a minute to Exit 10 then go N on Eastern Star Rd. a minute. About 5 minutes off I 81.
      Phil's Dream Pit @ 534 Eastern Star Rd., Kingsport, TN 423 - 349 - 6437.
      http://www.philsdreampit.com
      Just N about 10 miles on E side of I 81 is Dixie Outpost BBQ if you prefer at Exit 69. Go E on # 394 a mile or two then turn left or N on # 126 just a few minutes to Dixie.
      Dixie Outpost BBQ @ 3172 Highway 126, Blountville, TN 423 - 574 - 7447.
      Troutdale Bistro is the place for lunch/dinner in Bristol, TN.
      Troutdale Bistro @ 724 State St., Bristol, TN 423 - 989 - 3663.
      http://troutdalebistro.com/
      Cootie Brown's @ 2715 North Roan St., Johnson City, TN 423 - 283 - 4723.
      http://www.cootiebrowns.com/
      Ridgewood BBQ @ 900 Elizabethton Hwy., Bluff City, TN 423 - 538 - 7543.

ces1948

Re:East Tennessee Minor League Baseball Trip Sun, 07/3/11 3:18 PM (permalink)
        Phil's dream pit is the one whose name I couldn't remember. Glad to see he's making it as he seemed to be a very nice guy. I spoke with him and his wife several times. He left the corporate world a few years ago to pursue his dream of owning a BBQ restaurant. Glad it's working out. We always enjoyed the food there.

Lizzieslulu

• Total Posts: 61
          Re:East Tennessee Minor League Baseball Trip Tue, 07/5/11 10:45 AM (permalink)
          Thank you!

ces1948

Re:East Tennessee Minor League Baseball Trip Tue, 07/5/11 10:53 AM (permalink)
            I'm sorry you didn't get a few more responses. There used to be several people here either from that area or frequently traveled through there.
            I should mention a local chain call "Pals" a great favorite in the Tri-Cities. I think they are almost strictly drive-thru. Try a sauce burger and a sweet tea.

bbires

• Total Posts: 348
              Re:East Tennessee Minor League Baseball Trip Tue, 07/12/11 1:49 PM (permalink)
              My friend who fishes up there always goes, in addition to Ridgewood, to a place that serves all kinds of Chicago foods--hot dogs, Italian beef, etc.  He says it's very good.  I'm sorry I don't know the name of it, but there's bound to be only one!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com