The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Bill's World Famous Lemonade Revisited

BR

• Total Posts: 233
Bill's World Famous Lemonade Revisited Sat, 07/9/11 7:23 PM (permalink)
I found the recipe for Bill's Lemonade in the archives posted by 6star. What size serving cup is used in that recipe..... anyone know?

Bill’s World Famous Lemonade
Perhaps you would like to know how "Bill's World Famous Lemonade", who has been doing lemonade shake-ups for most of the 60 years that the Heart of Illinois Fair has been in existence, makes them (as near as I can remember).  There are many people that go out to the Fair just to get his shake-ups!

Equipment: several large (8"-9" tall?) heavy-duty clear plastic cups, pestle (stomper) large enough to reach the bottom of the plastic cups, 1/4 cup scoop (for sugar), 1 cup scoop (for ice), knife for cutting lemons, drink serving cups that fit tightly on the plastic shaker cups.

Ingredients for each shake-up: 1/2 fresh lemon, cut in 4 pieces, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 cup ice chunks, about 1/2 cup water plus water to fill serving cup.

Procedure: Ahead of time, in each of the plastic shaker cups put 1/4 cup sugar topped with 4 lemon pieces.  When the shake-up is ordered, stomp lemon pieces into the sugar with the pestle, add about a 1/2 cup water and 1 cup ice.  Top shaker cup with serving cup tightly and shake vigorously about 10 shakes.  Set down on counter with serving cup down.  Remove shaker cup.  Finish filling serving cup with water.  Hand to customer.
<message edited by BR on Sat, 07/9/11 7:24 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com